Hi, guys. It is the middle of the night and I feel a terrible earache pain. I must ease it somehow and I will go to the doctor’s first thing in the morning. I will really need suggestions for this problem of mine, so I can sleep a little and survive the night. I will be very grateful for all your suggestions. Thanks.

Hello. Sorry to hear that. You can take a small piece of cotton wall and put a table spoon of salt in it. Tie it with a string and warm it. After that, put it on the ear. You can also take the warm cloth and soak it with water. Put it on the ear. You can also try with some pain reliever to take. Try with ibuprofen or something similar. I hope this will work.

I appear to have contracted swimmers ear from some shampoo rinsed into my ear.
It started as a tickle and progressed to an earache on Monday. By Monday evening it was throbbing.

A doctor's visit is likely, but do you have any home remedies to pass along?
I woke up without any hearing in my left ear both yesterday and today.
Can you help me out?

The best thing I'd done that I can think of to help is hydrogen peroxide in the ear. I know that it helped me with swimmer's ear. I don't want to make any recommendations for fear that it doesn't work but that's what I know of. Does that help you at all? I hope that you've been able to get treatment already.

As a follow up:

I'm under a doctor's care for "Swimmers Ear" outer ear canal infection...and it's improving.
He also recommended using a water and hydrogen peroxide solution for cleaning wax out of an ear,
instead of use of Q-tips. Hope this helps in some way. I'm still awating it to completely clear out.

I'm not sure I'd use pure Hydogen PerOxide on the ear drum or terribly far into the ear canal. But the point is taken.

No!! It has been proven that hydrogen peroxide is ineffective for cuts, wounds and definetly ears. It actually makes it worse by damaging healthy tissue. Warm olive oil with a little cinnamon and then strain the cinnamon while it cools to body temperature. Use an eye dropper and put 3-4 drops in the affected ear. You can also use garlic and olive oil. It actually has bacteria fighting properties. I know this is an old post, but the peroxide thing is dead wrong.