For the past year I have had upper right side throat pain and ear ache. I have no problems sleeping but my throat and ear hurt during the day. The pain is worse when I talk. I have been to three Ear and Throat doctors and been scoped 3 times. Nothing. I also had a sinus cat scan which came back negative. I have been given medication for sinusitis, bacteriall infection and tmj. Nothing helps. I am exhausted by this. Any ideas?

Im the same, i have ear ache and a swollen throat and non of the docs take me seriously,its been going on for months

I've suffered from chronic sore throats and swollen tonsils for nearly two years now. I went to an ear nose and throat doctor who first told me that I probably had acid reflux. Later, he said it was allergies and advised me to go on allergy shots once a week, which I've done now since November. It hasn't helped. I also experience constant earaches although I never seem to have an ear infection when I go to the doctor to get checked out. Does anyone know what might be causing my symptoms?

I have had a burning throat and like a heart beat in my right ear off and on for years. Been given acid reflux meds, but no help. Wonder if it could be coming from a tooth that has bone loss? Been checked also. I also have a dull earache with this at times.

Guest wrote:

I have had the same experience as you've described, with the ENT doctors saying -- acid reflux, allergies, sinus infections, etc. Only my condition worsens, EVERY time I get the pain for both ear and throat. Congestion almost sets immediately afterwards in my chest, and I get cold or flu-like symtoms with a low-grade fever and headache. ONLY antibiotics can get rid of it (temporarily, that is) for a couple of weeks or a month, then it starts all over again. I've had so many anitbiotics within a year, and my doctors are not really worried. My ears are not infected, and I just think it's something having to do with the eustachian tubes in my ear. I don't necessarily start with a stuffy or runny nose, nor sneezing either --- it's just pain in my ears, and then my throat starts hurting and so on.

I have had a burning throat and slight ear pain for 4 weeks at mo not been to doctor yet but thought it could have some relvance to teeth with the fact that the pain only started after I had my wisdom tooth took out!!!

It could be strep.. a sore throat with an ear ache

I have the same problem, pain in my throat only on my left side usually with a dull ear ache as well. I have been to two ENT specialists but have not got any answers yet. They havnt said so yet but I am guessing it might be acid reflux. A couple things that differ from your stories is that my asthma has gotten a lot worse since this started. I also noticed that since this started I have a lot more mucus in my throat on that left side as well. Anyway, your not alone with this.

Hopper, I have the exact same symptoms as you ... it's been going on for 2 weeks now and I have a doctor's appointment for next Tuesday. My asthma has also been playing up since this started - particularly this past week when the sore throat intensified. The phlegm is really starting to do my head in.

Today, I thought I was better because I didn't wake up to any symptoms apart from a tight jaw (it feels like it is cramping if I move my tongue certain ways or give a big cheesy grin!). Now the throat is back, the asthma is playing up several of my bottom left hand teeth hurt (that's a new one!).

I'd be interested to hear how you get on...

I have had a dodgy sore throat and ear ache on and off now for about a year and a half. recently visiting the dentist and doctor I was worried I had throat cancer after being a reformed smoker and frequent cannabis user. Im only 21 and have started smoking when I was 13-14 and Had good reason to believe I had oral cancer. I still get this horrible sore throat and Im just worried It could be life threatning. I hope I can get some help.

everyone has the same symptoms but seems like noone has a remedy

It is interesting, I have a right side sore throat and a minor ear ache, it all happened after bronchitis or flu. Symptoms have not gone away for a couple of weeks now.

Same, had a really bad virus or something, lots of phlem. Now I have have a sore throat on the left side that comes and goes as well as a slight earache. Been like this for a month now.

I myself has experienced similar/same symptoms as you guys here. About 4 weeks ago I had my left upper and lower wisdom teeth extracted, it got infected after 6 days and I was given two types of anti-bods that cleared it up and I believe I am healing up nicely. However, after two weeks I noticed my a slight lump in my throat and I started producing heavy mucus and my ears where producing higher volumes of wax, colour even noticably different.

It's now 5 weeks and the lump has got much larger on the left-hand side, the mucus is likes a heavy smokers in their eighties and my ears are always playing up.

I now wish I didnt take out my wisdom teeth, as I am sure they seem to have some sort of purpose, hence that is way they are there for. Along with it didnt really give me much trouble, except they were slightly decaying.

Now I have a constant ear aches, sore throats that comes and goes, a lump in my throat that starts to pain in the shower and my smile has even changed and looks quite droopy.

Yet to see my GP, but will do and keep posted....

Antibiotics would have killed it