Im male. 19 years old. athletic build.
i am always nervous about being in a classroom with alot of people or in a car for a while...ect. because im scared ill have gas or have to go to the bathroom.
could it be ibs even though seems almost completely a mental thing? the dumn thing is is that it isnt that im nervous about being with a girl or scared for some reason. its just that im scared about having gas or diarrhea. is there a like mental disorder related to this? and when i say diarrhea i just mean i go alot and feel like i have to go alot, its not allways liquid although sometimes it is; after im on empty... i still feel like i have to go and when i do its mostly just alot of gas... . oh and i have blood in my stool occasionaly but im sure its just a tear.
my mom has ciliac disease and my brother recently thinks he is lactose intollerant because of simular conditions and has stoped drinking milk and has said he feels better.

Trust me i know what you feel.I also get the gasses.what you need to do is eat breakfast and have a full stomach.i dont mean eat alot ang get fat.but have a good breakfast.Also get enough of sleep.I did this for a while and they stoped.As for the gasses the are not like farts that smell.they are gasses the make noises and annoy you.

I seem to have this same problem. Sometimes its so bad that it makes me fear being in quiet rooms with other people. The funny part is, is that they are usually just loud and don't stink. This sounds silly to say but it really is embarrassing, especially if I'm at a job interview or sitting in a classroom or in a social setting where naturally nervousness may occur especially being around people you don't know well. I think the problem really only arrises when I'm nervous which normally occurs in these type of public situations, mainly because of my fear of such incident occurring. It really is a vicious cycle and is hard to cope with at times. I have visited a doctor and was diagnosed with IBS which pretty much means my digestive tract is pretty unstable. I try to eat healthier foods that don't have so much grease. Laying off soda and drinking more water also helps. I've also found that taking some fiber capsules seems to help at times. I feel that I shouldn't be having to worry about these issues as a 21 year old, and could be more productive and outgoing if this wasn't a problem for me. I am however concerned as well because my biological father is diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and has much more severe issues than I. I just only hope that I don't develop this condition as well. I believe maintaining a heather diet now is the best way for prevention of this occurrence.

BTW I also have an athletic build and being 5'10" and 150 lbs I have a very high metabolism. I don't know if this could be a contributing factor to the digestive issues as it seems as soon as I eat certain foods I feel like I need to go to the bathroom soon there after. I have had my issues for probably about 5-6 years now and have developed some strategies to coping with these problems but trust me it doesn't make enjoying life more fun.

Also to life is soccer...if you are having issues with blood in your stool I would definitely recommend seeing a doctor as this could be connected to Ulcerative Colitis. Basically I also agree with the other message poster that eating a good breakfast is important but maybe eat light too. I try to eat a good cereal with high fiber content such as Quaker Oats or Raisin Bran Crunch which seems to add more to your bowel movements so they are solid instead of small and diarrhea like. You should make notes of foods that irritate your symptoms (i.e. Soda, Greasy Foods, Fruits, Beans, Etc.) Just be sure to not eat too much fiber all at once; gradually introduce your body and try to drink more water. But you should definitely see a doctor either way if you are having problems.

I used to have that problem, and then I started smoking and it went away completely.  I'm not kidding.  Years of digestive problems, and then I started smoking at age 22 and now I haven't had a single problem (age 26 now).  I've quit smoking a few times here and there and it always returns.   I'm not a big fan of smoking, but I have to say that I love not having these problems anymore.

I have a science homework problem.What gases will make us scared and cold at night......