I am 16 and have been struggling with stomach pains for my whole life. I recently got to high school and my stomach problem became drastically worse. When I was younger I would have to go any time I got excited, nervous or any extreme emotion, (not to abnormal). But 9th grade, during the morning I would have to go to the bathroom and would have extremely uncomfortable and painful gas. I had to go every day and could barely consentrate with all the gas. Luckily I had a drama class, which was more lax and I could easily leave with no attention or problem to me. many times when I went I would have severe pain in my lower stomach, sometimes it would feel like a side-stitch. This year I have an academic class and I would have to go up and ask my teacher (in front of everyone in the middle of a lecture :/). This got so embarrasing and still is, she now let's me leave when I need to, so I don't have to go up and ask, but my problem has progressed into something much much worse. I would still struggle with extreme gas in almost all of my classes, not just first period. Most days I would leave early and go home it was so bad. I finally decided to go to a real doctor, my regular one wasn't giving me anything but trying to get rid of foods to see if I was alergic, wich I tried, it didn't work. We went and he seemed great, he was nice and proffesional, we went to take an x-ray and we were surprised to find I was completley backed up with stool. He perscribed Mira-lax for about a month. I tried a one cup dose for the given time, it worked the first day then never worked again. we didn't know we had to up the dose if it didn't work so when we went back there was barely a difference in my stomach. he suggested we up the dose and try again. I did this for about 10 days and it made me MISERABLE i was leaving early from school every day with extreme gas, it worked with two cups, but the horrible gas, i tried one and a half and it didn't work, but my gas was still terrible. we decided to stop taking it. we picked up a nice, yet expensive digestive enzyme. it helped for the first two days then ntohing. i took it until the pills ran out. I had been talking to my school nurse one day and she suggested a vitamin lady dowtown. She seemed quiet helpfull and suggested I take a digestive enzyme along with the medicine I was taking now, she also gave me some magnesium (overdose helps clear you out) i took one spoonfull, i pooped but, i do everyday. i took the rest the next day and the same thing happened. i continued the medicine, it has helped but lately i have almost completeley stopped taking it and no difference. i have slowly noticed a continuous acidic and just yucky (if i can use that word) feeling in the pit of my stomach, i suspect it is the back-up rotting in my stomack. along with all this i have had random leg cramps, especially centered around the knee, also dizziness. thank you for reading my long and boring story! i hope someone can help me! i would appreciate any input! :-)

P.S. I have had several strange diseases in the past, erythema nodosum, scarlet fever, mono, fifth's disease and have had an ultrasound (with no results). again thank you for reading!

In the past, I too experienced very difficult issues with my digestive system. I was experiencing almost daily acid reflux and heartburn, was bloated and gassy, and didn't feel good all-around. I went to doctors and tried medicines. Nothing worked to get rid of my digestive problems. I finally had to take a different approach.

I think it's extremely telling that you have extreme anxiety and nervousness. So did I. I realized it was actually the fear I was experiencing--fear of life, fear of being hurt, etc.--that was causing my digestive problems. I have no doubt that that is the main culprit in your own.

I highly suggest you get the book "You Can Heal Your Life," by Louise Hay. If you're a Christian or don't mind reading Christian-oriented material, I also highly suggest you get the book "Remembering Wholeness," by Carol Tuttle.

Hay's book outlines the emotional causes of different illnesses and ways to get past the emotions. She gives you affirmations and exercises to try, and I have found great success with them. Don't forget to incorporate them daily to assist you.

Tuttle's book is extremely positive and uplifting, giving you messages of why you're a wonderful person, why the world is safe and great, and how you can feel as positively as she. It's one of the most uplifting and inspirational books I've ever read. It's definitely helped me to remember why I can feel safe in this world.

I also highly suggest you work with someone in energy therapy. These are experts at finding negative emotions in the body, digging them out, and helping you purge them so you can feel better. The purging is the hard part and that is why I think you'd benefit by reading those two books as well. You can find a local specialist by visiting bodytalksystem .com.

You will get past this. You are succeeding. You can feel safe and trust the process of life. :-)

I never really thought about it like that. I have always been a very outgoing person but I have struggled finding friends my whole life. About a year ago I learned my dad was cheating on my mom, they are almost through the divorce. I still today have no close friends, or even friends to sit and talk with, I wander around from place to place, sometimes just sitting in the graphics lab working alone. I have never felt insecure about my body, yet I am always worried what people will think about me, especially those whom I respect, I do get really nervous when I have the gas and stomach problems at school, sometimes I even get extremely dizzy from them, almost like I were going to faint. thank you for your help I'll look into those books, and if anybody else has input that would be much appreciated, or even your own personal experiences.

I was looking into the books and saw some of the stuff in them, and I don't seem to have a problem with any of those things, I mean people like me I just have commitment issues, still it is hard having no friends but I really don't suffer extreme anxiety or anything like that. Only when something is actually happening to me that makes me nervous, not just on a regular basis or anything. I'm pretty sure emotions deffinitley are some of the issue but I don't think they're the prime issue. The doctors have seen and know there is something physically wrong with me, they are just not sure how exactly to fix it, it's something to do with how I digest food (or actually how I don't).

I used to have what felt to me like gas pains during stressful times, when I was young. They usually occurred when I was in the waiting room at the dentist's office. I was a frequent flyer in the dentist chair. My teeth were so bad I had plastic ones installed by the army when I was 19. So I spent a lot of time in dentist's waiting rooms as a young boy.

It would start shortly before I got there and became very painful while I was waiting but it was gone by the time I left. It seemed to be related to high anxiety as other things that made me anxious could trigger it too. I suffered from that throughout my childhood, but it went away sometime while I was in the army. I can't say exactly when, but I do remember it happening when I was first in the army and going to the dentist appointments when they were pulling my teeth. I don't remember it happening later when I had the appointments to make the dentures though.

By the time I left the army I was no longer cursed with that problem. My mental attitude underwent a significant change while I was in the army. Before I was in the army I was always the one being bossed around by others. By the time I got out, I was always the one in charge. Not to say I didn't recognize the authority of those above me, but I was, and always have been, in charge of my own life since then.

It may have had a lot to do with my army experience, as they made me an instructor as soon as I graduated from tech school. So even as a lowly PFC, I was accustomed to being in charge of my domain. In a US Army classroom the instructor is one grade higher than anyone who comes into the room. On one occasion I had to throw a major out of my classroom because he was disrupting my class.

On another occasion I had the pleasure of a visit from the Chief Signal Officer, a major general. His visit was disruptive only because of who he was. When you have a room full of newly minted privates, and a two star general comes in, they get a little antsy. He appologized for the interruption and left in a few minutes after checking out my class.

At any rate, those "gas pains" disappeared when I became more confident and in charge of my own situations.

The emotions could be causing what is physically wrong with you. With my own issues with acid reflux, doctors could see that I had an injured esophagus, stomach and diaphragm. They made attempts to make it go away and let the tissue heal, but nothing seemed to work. That's why I'm saying to check out those books. For me, I firmly believe that years of troubled emotions led to an eventual cause of physical issues and physical damage. That's why it ends up being the main culprit. Change the emotional and you change the physical. Give it a try, hon.