When my boyfriend and i are intimate he complains to me about my breasts tasting sour. Is this sour nipple discharge normal or should i get it checked out? The discharge is translucent and i dont see anything, i wouldnt have even known if it werent for my boyfriend. How do i ask my doctor if this is not normal? It seems odd to say my nipples taste sour!

There are so many possible reasons why women can experience nipple discharge. Some are more and some less dangerous and it would be wise if you saw a doc to determine the cause of your discharge.

There is this so called “physiological discharge” that occurs when breasts are stimulated and it usually occurs in both breasts. It wouldn’t usually leak on its own but if you squeezed it would show. It can be clear just like your but it can also become yellow, white and dark green. This type subsides on its own.

Then there is galactorrhea- a milk discharge when a woman is not breastfeeding. It is usually white but it can be clear as well and may leak from one or both breasts. This discharge shows up when there are high levels of hormone prolaction. Excessive prolactin can be caused by a benign tumor on the pituitary gland near the brain that has many important functions in the body. Other possible reasons include hormonal imbalance (from bc pills), and problems with thyroid gland.

There could be inflammation among breast tissue and there could be other symptoms present like redness, swelling, dryness and flakiness of the breast, inflammation of the mammary duct, etc

Although it could be something superficial that would pass on its on, it would be wiser to have it checked and make sure everything’s ok.

I'm a 16 yrs. girl whose never had sex before and yet I'm having milk discharge. I thought that only happens when your pregnant, am I wrong.