My Wife is having some watery whitish discharge from her right breast,so could you pls advise is this normal or is this a warning for early stage cancer.We have 4 kids and my wife age is 34

Hello! There are quite a few possible causes of breast discharge and in my point of view, these symptoms should be checked.

Breast discharge is not necessarily indicating cancer. There are many other possible causes. One of them is hormonal imbalance. It could also be some kind of bacterial infection. In that case, a breast may besides discharging become red, tender, flaky, etc

Another reason is excessive prolactin levels. Prolactin is a hormone secreted during pregnancy and breastfeeding and it enables mother to breastfeed. When a woman is not breastfeeding, excessive amounts of prolaction may be caused by problems with pituitary gland in the brain that is producing prolactin.

Other cases could be due to presence of papiloma. Papiloma are non-cancerous, wart-like tumors inside the breast duct.

The discharge can be also due to the paget’s disease, a rare breast cancer.

As you can see, there are many causes of the nipple and breast discharge. It would be best if she visited a breast clinic or whatever there is in your area to figure out what the problem is.