Tonight as I was doing my self breast exam I had bloody discharge from my nipple. I'm very worried. I've read that this can be a sign of cancer.
Also, my breasts feel lumpy. But I can't tell if the lumps are just milk glands or something I should be worried about. I'm afraid to go to the doctor because I don't think they will take me seriously because I am only 19. Also, I am still producing a little breast milk, even though I stopped breastfeeding over a year ago. Can someone tell me if they know how long it takes to completely stop producing milk after pregnancy?

Hi.

Women are different...IE some are lumpier in the breast area and others can not be. Are you sure that the leakage you are having is infact milk? The blood discharge is probably a breast infection and you should be seen and treated by a doctor. (this means antibiotics!) Since my breast reduction 12 years ago I suffer from frequent infections of my breasts, IE discharge and blood and need to be placed on antibiotics. better be safe and just call your doctor and see what he/she thinks. Good luck.

Jeannine