I have just recently gone off birth control. I am 24 and have been on it for ~7 years. Since going off BC, I have noticed that my nipples are more sensitive and somewhat sore, not painful just irritating to the touch. Just wondering if this is possible/normal from going off BC, or if I should be getting it checked out. Thanks.

Health Advisor
If the problem started just after you got off the pill, then it must be it. Hormonal fluctuations are weird and you never know what kind of effect you may experience. I would rather say that a woman would experience the breast soreness when first starting the birth control pills because increase in estrogen would cause all sorts of strange sensations but any hormonal fluctuation would.

If you don’t have any additional symptoms like discharge from a nipple, redness, itchiness, tenderness, flakiness, etc, which are all signs of breast or nipple infection, you are fine and probably hormonally related.

i have had a similar experience. 8 years on BC, now 1 month off and have experience swollen tender nipples for a couple days now.