Hi. I have a tiny hair growing out of the top of my nipple, and it looks like another one is coming through as I can see another black dot. Is this normal? I know it is common to have hairs on the areola, but havent seen too much info about hairs coming out of the actual nipple. I haven't any unusual hairs anywhere else and my hormone levels are fine as I have just had them tested. I am 43. I would appreciate any responses as I am a bit worried. It is just one nipple I can't see any on the other one. Thank you

Hello Alihammy,

Hair growing out of a nipple is common in pregnant women when hormonal levels change.  Generally, after pregnancy the hormones return to  normal and the hairs that grew on the nipple(s) falls out.  I don't think you have anything to worry about at the moment unless you are pregnant at 43 and don't know it.  If the hair is very dark and thick (course) this is of some concern and you should see a doctor as it might indicate a serious health issue.

If you want to remove the nipple hair, just use some tweezers and pluck it.  Make sure to pull the hair straight out to prevent developing an ingrown hair.  Don't use other forms of hair remove. 

Same thing with me, however, I'm 25 and it happens a lot. When I take it out its only about 2 mm or so and it's so small it doesn't hurt. It's kinda soft and it frowns out about 3x a year. Idk. I just noticed it since I been on depo.

I'm 27, my 4th kid is 2 months old and I noticed a small black dot at the tip of one nipple.  Thought maybe a clogged milk duct or something since I am breastfeeding.  Turned out to be a hair, black...maybe 1/4" long.  Curious what is the cause?

I'm 29, I have had 2 kids ,  not on birth control because I had my tubes tied. I can totally relate I notice the hair every once in awhile maybe once a year ? I honestly dont inspect my nipples that closely that often ( no reason too ) but yes i noticed a dark speck and plucked it straight out of where the milk used to come from, its thick not like the peach fuzz around it and about 2 cm long too, it gets lighter closer to the root and i dont feel a thing when it comes out . I wonder if I'm even pulling it out of the root sometimes or if it fell out a long time ago and just stayed there (??) anyway I noticed it only happens on my left nipple too ( when i was a kid used to be inverted it looked like it was winking) I'm totally going to call my gyno tomorrow since I cant find any answers here

Did you ever find any answers? As I am 7 weeks pregnant and just noticed a tiny black hair out of the center of my left nipple.

okay i am not pregnant i have had 2 kids and that was a good few years ago... i pulled out a thick black long hair... causes/reasons?

Ever find out any information? Just ha the same thing happen today.

Hello please I'm 21 and I just realised that I have hair growing out of my nipple nd my breast my right breast hurts a lot I don't know what to do I'm confused and scared

Did you find an answer because I'm 20, will be 21 on Christmas, never have been pregnant, and have hair growing out my right nipple... I don't have any pains but what if pain does come? I thought it was normal, but now I'm worried!!

whats wrong with haveing hairs on your nipple

Hey umm i am 14 and i am a man but i have...a hair that s really black and really thick coming out of my nipple and it hurts

Hello. I just noticed a tiny hair growing out of my right nipple. A couple weeks ago, I started lactating due to a high level of prolactin (never had sex, so no chance of being pregnant). Coild the hair have anyhing to do with hormonal changes or the medication I was given?

Anyone find an answer? I had this happen when I was 21. Saw a little speck (looked like the top of a wire) out of the center of my left nipple, so I grabbed a tweezer and pulled. It was a thick straight black hair about an inch or longer. It freaked me out. Never pregnant and no health conditions. Really weird. I have normal hair around my nipples but never inside the actual nipple.

Hairs IN your nipple. Can be a health risk