hi miy name is michelle and i got my period when i was thirteen and it was always kinda reagular i got one every month not the same time but i always got one.Then a few days after my 16th burthday i got in a bad car accident and i havent had my period since and i tried to ask my mom but she wont take me to the doctor. i think something wrong but i dont know what it is. please help!

hello i just wanted to say that u are not alone i was in a really bad car accident and havent had a period for 15 months i went to the doctor but they cant explain why.

I would make your mom take you to the doctor. After an accident, it takes awhile for your body to heal itself. Even though you may feel fine. The shock of the accident could've shocked your periods. Chances are they will start again but can't tell you when. But it is always best to get it checked by the doctor.

Take care and good luck.

I too was in a horrific car accident and also haven't had my period in 6 months since the crash. I suffered a closed head injury and several broken bones. I'm thinking the reason behind my absence of my period is due to the closed head injury. But I don't really know. My doctors don't seem too concerned and I'm not really either. I'm actually enjoying this little break and it not having to do with being pregnant. My body went through a lot and it'll take awhile to heal.

I was in terrible car accident about 5 months ago and haven't had my period since. I was hit head on so i was hit really hard in my stomach. My doctor has done everything. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I am so glad to hear this. I was in a horrific car accident, in the keys for vacation.

I am almost 13 and have had my period since I was 10, I am very petite so it was very weird I started early. When I got in the accident I stopped having my period. I suffered from head injurys, fractured left wrist, right hand, right side of my pelvis, and my sacrum. I also ruptured my small intestine in 2 places. If you find an article on me I wouldnt be suprised, I was on the news.

Hi, sorry I'm late to the party! I got run over by a car while crossing the street and experienced the same thing as you, in regards to the period. Well after about 5 months I started acupuncture and my period came back really heavy. Worth a shot to help your body!

I TOO WAS IN A VERY SERIOUS ACCIDENT WITH A TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY AND HAVEN'T HAS A PERIOD IN 6 MONTHS. MY DOCTOR GAVE ME PROGESTERONE AND STILL HAVEN'T HADA A PERIOD AFTER 5 DAYS OF STOPPING IT...

The body needs time to heal!! That means all the blood it needs to get back to the new normal. I've had terrible luck with wrecks...3 of them needing cat scans. Thank GOD I'm thick headed! Each one of those I lost my period for 6mnths. Also woke up in pools of sweat. Come to find out I had developed hypoglycemia...thankfully it isn't permanent! It was something I had to get used to...

I was recently in an accident in sept 2016 n till this day havent had a period kinda like whats going on would this effect me to have kids

I was recently in a car accident in oct 16 and I have the cramps. But I don't have anything. and I have been doing accupuncture but hasn't done nothing for me. I was hit from behind and I was at a stand still and that person was going 70mhr. On the fwy.

I was hit head on in March 2016. I didn't get my period for a year and all the sudden I got it this month

Interesting I got my period after having it already this month about an hour after an accident

Me too i am much older 50 i got hit by car for months no period but clicking or pop rocks in my neck and back and hip. Pain. Cant hold a grip till yesturday heavy flow not real bad but like i feel better in a way run to the bathroom to make it in there. I am not a doctor but i read a bit and it could be the accedent caused my body to swell and heal by doing that the natural flow was stoped untill my body unswelled enough to have a period.a heavy one.just need to be careful and take my Vitomins especially iron and zinc.because that may help keep a normal flow not over flow consistently and lose to much blood. I am not a doctor.so its just my opinion

I was in a serious car wreck a week and a half ago. My period started two days after the wreck—-almost two weeks early. Now I wonder if I will have another period in a month or if I might just stop having them for a long time. It’s strange that trauma can cause such lasting menstal irregularities.