Last nite while she was on her way home from work, my daughter wrecked. She was not paying attention and accepts full responsibility.
She called me hysterical to the point where the only word i could make out was, accident. The first thing i asked her was is she okay, then i asked if anyone was hurt, she was just shaken and the women in the other car was fine.
Now, i have been ill with Vertigo and was flat out on the sofa when the phone rang and to make matters worse, my car is in the repair shop. I had no way to get to her. Because the truck is in my soon to be x's name (he is letting her use it until my truck is fixed) i had to call him. I was crying as i told him what happened, he was concerned only with the fact that she was not hurt. He said that is why we have insurance, alrighty then, i thought for sure he was gonna freak.
He picked me up and we went to her. Oh yikes, the whole drivers front is creamed, there is just a big hole where the light and it's apparatus used to live. The hood was slightly bent into a small V shape and the drivers door is sprung. It makes a nasty growling and rubbing noise when its started. The other persons car is an 08 and had just a small dent on the back.

Ya know, i don't know, just ya know %-)

Good that no one got hurt and that your daughter is safe. Was she tiered from the work? It is very unfortunate that this happened. Also it is good that your soon to be x hasn't made a scene about this and that he acted OK.
How is your daughter feeling? Is she still in a shock?

No she wasn't tired from work she just said she looked away for a minute and before she knew it she was in this womens backseat!!
She is quite upset and says that she will never drive again, which is ridiculous but i certainly understand that these are words of fright and shock still. She was physically okay last nite but this morning when she got up she said her lower back hurt, now i have to report this to the insurance company. I know some injuries don't show up at that very moment, they manage to slowly creep in later. I was rear ened some years ago and i was fine at the time, but the next morning i couldn't get out of bed. The black and blues slowly appeared over a period of a week and everything on me hurt.
She had to get a ride to work this morning as we now have NO vehicle. Hopefully my jeep will be ready by the end of the day. So far the price tag on that fiasco is up to $400.00 and he still hasn't figured out what the vibrations are in the front end.
A moped is lookin better and better, no not really 8-|

Hi bb! Glad to hear she's OK! When it rains it pours heh?! File an insurance claim, because you never know if your daughter has herniated a disc, OR the other woman comes back! I don't know how it is in the states, but here the victim has 7 years!!!! To come back with a claim!!!!!! Also my son had a total accident in April and the guy he hit wanted $1,000 off of him and then wouldn't file a claim. So the you know what wrote out a piece of paper stating that we would pay the amount in such and such time, ALL the while filing a claim!!! So THANK GOD we didn't pay him, when the insurance company called and asked about the accident! So just know that even though the person your daughter hit, might be a nice person, she could also be influenced by money matter too and go for the jugular. Also they will replace the truck, give you a rental, and perhaps fix the old one! Hope everything is OK on the other end!

Ya know Beeb, your life just gets more interesting every day.

I'm glad no one was hurt and it proved that your x is still human after all.

Every time I go for a ride in my rail car, you're in trouble when I get home.

I just can't leave you here alone, can I?

Last time you were hanging from a ceiling fan when I got back. That's probably how you got that Vertigo

Now I find you went for a ride with "him".

Next week when I get back from another ride, what will it be?

Am I going to find you've moved back home?

What's wrong with the Jeep?

What model is it?

I have a few Jeeps myself. My wife loves them.

You crack me up njoy XD XD We are all so glad that no one got hurt and yes, the X was mellow for a minute just long enought to make sure that Gina was okay, now he is runnin tru to form again. He is b******g about the insurance, he is complainin about the deductable, he's cryin cuz he has to make a payment and it just sort of sits there, inoperable :-( I got my jeep back last nite, thank God, but not before i shelled out $600 bucks....OUCH that took the wind out of my sails.
I am tryin to feel some kind of remorse for him, but i just can't. I told him that i was sorry about the accident, but i don't feel all that bad that the S10 got wrecked in the process. It seems like i'm sort of laughin to myself. I know, i will certainly go to hell.
And i still have Vertigo, my God, i feel like a drunk person. I almost fell off the toilet last nite :$ I can't even take my healthy jeep for a ride today for fear of crashing it. OMG, if that happens, i am on leather express.

Being with the x for that short time really made me think. In the 2 hours that i was in in company, i came up with 500 reasons why i don't like him anymore. Then he tried to explain these other women to me, let me tell ya, the lies that rolled out of his mouth were classic. Of course he spun the whole thing over on me, which i expected anyway. Every time he tried to make an attempt to speak, i could shut him down with a tru fact, he gave up cuz he knew he was so unbelievable, even to himself.

I have no intention of going back to his house much less the marraige. I am alone but i am not lonely at all. I may be strugglin but i'm strugglin with a positive attitude. It's so nice not to have to listen to his flappin mouth day in and day out. It's nice that i don't have to wonder what he is doin and i don't have to exhaust myself playin Go Go Gadget all the time. Life is good in my little 800 sq. ft. closet. Right now i'm watching one of my most favorite reality shows, which he HATED with a passion. He used to stop off out of the TV room in a huff, muttering to himself, haha, that was quite entertaining, sometimes more so than what i was watching on TV.

The realization is that he is just a miserable ole fool who is now feeling what it's like to be alone. I am not miserable and i am lookin forward to everyday with a positive attitude. Being sick like this doesn't excite me to much but this to shall pass.

Well my pancakes are waiting and i'm about to lay my fat ass on the sofa and watch my reality shows. Cheers.
Thanks njoy for keepin an eye on me ;-)

You know, I think that pancakes are also a safe form of therapy. You should be sure to tell your insurance company to cover it as part of your mental health treatment.

Well Beeb, I'm back from another fun day on the railroad.
What did you get into while I was away this time? 8-|

Nothing, it was an uneventful day, if you can believe that one XD I locked myself in the house and cleaned out my hall closet. I made a killer meat loaf and experimented with new sweet potato recipe, which by the way came out like c**p :'( I thought i would pre make it before Thanksgiving, i'm glad i did. My kids would have held nothing back and would have no problem telling me to trash it. Oh well, it was all of 3 ingredients and cost me about 10 bucks, which is a lot sort of, but the big ticket item was vanilla beans, 5.95 for 2 pods o.O

So it was a good day, but it's a new day and it's still early, anything goes in my world!!

Sweet potatoes are fickle, BB. I really don't know much on how to prepare them beyond the typical tuber prep--whipped, smashed, baked. They come alive with nutmeg or cinnamon. At least they didn't drop that bomb on Thanksgiving day, right? :-)