About a year ago, during a routine pap smear/urine test, my doctor found white blood cells in my urine. A culture was done, and my doctor said that it was fine.

For the last few months, I've been seeing quite a few white pieces in my urine, what I imagine to be either white blood cells or proteins.

There's been no change in my health, I'm not experiencing burning/frequent urination/pain/etc.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Could it be an asymptomatic UTI? Or, could this be caused by taking birth control pills (I'm on Ortho Tri-Cyclen)?

Thank you for your help!

The white pieces are called Albumin, it is protein in your urine! It is not normal to have such a high amount to actually see the protein! so I would definitely like you to see your doctor, I would suspect that you either have a Bladder Infection, a UTI, a Kidney infections etc. Either way you need your urine checked! Aslo know that high protein levels in the urine can also be from being pregnant!!!! So IF you think you could be, perhaps take a test for that too! Good luck and health!