Hi there! My stomach makes strange noises and is bloated most of the time. This is pretty annoying especially because I work in a firm with a lot of people with whom I share an office. Please, advice! This has never happened to me before. Is there anything I can do to make the noises go away and my stomach to go down?

Hello! There are a couple of reasons that may be causing you problems. They are a disease of the intestine, lactose intolerance, excessive fibre in the diet: beans or pulses, fruits, legumes like cabbage and cauliflower, artificial sweeteners like sorbitol in sugar-free soft drinks, sweets and chewing gum, an overgrowth of Candida or yeast infection, gluten intolerance or fructose intolerance from fruit. This has never happened before as you were young at then your body is able to digest almost anything. As we grow old, our body matures and begins a process of natural decline. See a doctor to determine a cause!!!!

I've always had noisy intestines. It got real bad when I was 44 years old. I eliminated onions, milk, and hot peppers and it seemed to help. I tried every over the counter medicine for indigestion and Pepto Bismol helped. However, I still had occasional flare ups which were just as embarrassing. Then I went on a gluten free diet and SURPRISE! no problems! I am going to go in and get tested for Celiac disease. I find this rather ironic.