I read an article on non-celiac gluten intolerance and the article stated that celiac disease is only a small part of the larger picture that is gluten intolerance. My daughter has never really shown the classic symptoms of celiac, illness, weight loss, distended abdomen, etc, but she did have loose stools and horrible diaper rash. She is only 2 and she is on gluten fee diet and she is rash free, has normal BM's. Could we be dealing here with just gluten intolerance, if so could it become celiac disease later?

My sister was diagnosed as gluten intolerant about three years ago and her symptoms were so different than mine. Her symptoms were: arthritis in her hands so bad she would cry and she was always in pain, at 22 she had already developed osteoporosis. I'm definitely a celiac and I had symptoms such as weight loss, distended abdomen, etc.
Your child is happy and healthy gluten-free, there are worse things than living without gluten. I think it’s a small price to pay for your health!