I had abortion on the 4th of june which was a medical abortion. anyway its about 10weeks later and im still bleeding quite heavy at times with clots to. Around 2 weeks ago i went back to the clinic and they did a internal scan and said it was normal and the bleeding should stop soon. but im pretty worried about it doesnt seem normal.

Has anyone been the in same situation?
Or can anyone give me some advice?
please help.

I had an abortion on the 10th june... and 10 weeks later I'm still bleeding too. it varies from very heavy to very light.. and sometimes it stops for just under a day. Also when its heavy I have a lot of clots. I spoke to my GP and she said it was down to my DEPO injection after the medical termination. I dont think it's normal thought and to be frank its getting me so down. I have forgotten what it feels like to not bleed. and i feel as though this is punishment for what I did. I hope your coping better than me . x

I am 42 years old and decided not to keep my baby due to my age and other reasons. I too, had a abortion on August 1st 2009, I was 6 weeks pregnant. It has been now almost 7 weeks later and I am STILL bleeding, ranging from heavy to light to no bleeding for a day...then all of a sudden I bleed heavy with clots ranging from tangerine size to small. I too feel like God is punishing me for having a abortion too ;( When is this gonna end?!
If anyone has any answers to why Im STILL bleeding...please help!

me to i had mine 4 weeks ago got the depo after it its gettin me so down why is this happening

Hi, I was just reading your post and thought I'd post a reply because I was in a situation like that. Last year I had an abortion at 6 weeks, I had the 2 tablets. After this I bled from June till November so 5 months which isn't normal. I was pretty worried about this because it wasn't light bleeding it was like a normal period throughout. I had a internal scan and the Doctor at the Clinc said everything was normal and there was nothing there that should be causing the bleeding, he said to wait a week and then if the bleeding hasn't stopped to come and see him again. After a week the bleeding hadn't stopped so I decided to go and see my own Doctor which he gave me an examination and also said there was nothing to cause the bleeding and everything is normal. He gave me some tablets which were to dry up the blood and then everything go back to normal E.G my normal periods. After two weeks my bleeding did stop and my periods turned back to normal.

What happened in your case as in did the Doctor give you any tablets to help you?

Omg !!! This is like exactly me !! I have my abortion done twice each for the same pregnancy and each a month apart . I have been bleeding for 8 weeks with huge blood clots . It's really scary and I'm constantly dizzy because of it .

this is happen to me too i have had 2 lots of antibiatiocs everytime i walk i get wee squirts off blood coming out it s really getting me down dizzy all time i have 3 kids to look after as well cant eat much been to docs everyhting just keeps coming back normal am no in to 7 weeks off blood loss and i cant get answers they said my blood cells are 16 and not right but nothing seems to work why 

I also bled from August till January non stop! My skin is having a massive breakout from the hormones and everything
The medical abortion is one of the worst ways To have an abortion!!
Not worth it
I had a baby in march caught pregnant in June! I was 6 weeks pregnant when I had my anortion and straight after I went on the pill injection then bled for 5 months straight! And my periods since have been heavier & really painful.

so how is ur health now still bleeding did u dnc and had ur vit b12 chkd

hi i am 43 y old and 7 weeks pregnant ( this is my 3rd child) i have already 2 beautiful girls 9 yrs and 7 yrs.. i also have slight bleeding (brown) since april 8 , my Ob prescribed me with duvadilan for uterus and duphaston for progesterone hormone and im advised 4 a bedrest, (one thing that i did not do coz im a busy person) today is the 10th day of bleeding but i noticed some red color as in blood and no longer brown spot, of course im so worried but i am still taking the prescribed meds, praying that this pregnancy would be successful, any other moms there with similar situation especially of my age?

This needs to be said, because I see far too many write about feeling guilty and that god punished them for having an abortion.

Feeling guilty is normal. I empathise with you. But, God is NOT punishing you. Your God is benevolent and understands your inner being better than you do yourself. God understand that these decisions are not easy, but sometimes it is the best way out. God wants you to be happy and take care of the family you were blessed with to the best of your abilities and not guilt yourself over difficult decisions you had to take in your and your family's best interest.

I too had an abortion in August, and felt mildly sad about it. But I knew it was the right things to do and not only practically but also morally, since I would not be in a position to care for child and give her an upbringing that she deserves. I was 6 weeks pregnant at that time and even without a pregnancy test I knew I was pregnant. I went to an obstetrician and he confirmed it and the decision for me was immediate. 

I went in for a medical abortion. And after about 5 weeks my bleeding stopped almost completely and I thought that was it. I had no pain and no major side effects otherwise. However about a week later, I was a long haul flight and it was probably all the travelling and stress, but I started bleeding heavily again. And I bled for close to 5 weeks after that. I could feels clots passing and the bleeding was compared to my normal period, heavy, but not alarmingly so. I did not feel weak or tired. I ate iron rich food to keep strong.

But after that it's been very normal. I have had my regular periods too. I have been lucky, but for a lot of you out there, don't get too worried about things like this. Talk to your doctor and take it easy. I bled for 10 weeks straight and I came out ok, so just take care of yourself.

Ive been married for 6 months.
I went through a pregnancy loss when i was 15 weeks pregnant.
I had the terrible pain in the morning, which subsidised in about an hour. I did not have any cramps or bleeding at all. I went into urinate, only to find out almost half of my baby sack was peeking out of my vagina. I was rushed to the hospital, where the doctor gave me no hope. She said since the baby is aborting itself, there is nothing much that can be done. I aborted latter that night and was sent home the following morning.

Ive been bleeding ever since, Its been 10 weeks now. I aborted on 22-sept-2013 and its 4th-dec-2013 now. Im still bleeding. All my ultra sounds are normal. The doctor has now concluded that the bledding is due to hormonal changes that woemn go through after labor/delivery/abortion/miscarriages.

Ive been prescribed with a 10 day course of a tablet called premarin 0.625mg, to be taken twice a day with 12 hour gap.

the ten day course will hopefully stop my bleeding after which, i will have my periods.

starting from my 1st day of periods, im supposed to take a white colored medicine called famila ... i should take this for 21 days and then stop for 7 days. This cycle is supposed to be repeated 3 times. and hopefully my periods shall then resume normally.

This was my first pregnancy, and my husband and I were so eager on having a baby. Today is 4th day since i have been on Permarin, the bleeding has considerably slowed down. I hope it stops, because im honestly, physically, mentally and emotionally, tired, numb and drained.

Celebrity

it's sort of normal to bleed up to 3 weeks. But 10 weeks? Did you talk to your doctor? It could be an infection. 

I just want to thank you for those words because I too am feeling the guilt and feel miserable over my decision, regretting it all the time. I was 6 weeks when I found out and 6 weeks after I am still bleeding heavy with clotting. I do a doc appointment as I am soo worried that this will prevent future pregnancy... I pray for all of you ladies. God be with you, I know what you are all feeling.

It was really good to find out that I'm not the only one with this problem. I had an abortion in December and I've been bleeding for eight weeks straight (it has stopped for a day or so a couple of times) and it ranges from very, very heavy to normal period -like blood but it has been so frustrating. I've been examined twice and the doctors say there is nothing wrong with me. No damage to the cervix, no lingering clots or tissue. I've also gone through the emotional issues of feeling like I'm being punished for my decision, despite the fact that I know it was the right one. Thank you ladies for sharing your experiences.