About 4 weeks ago I had a medication abortion and I'm still bleeding lightly with occational "blood clots" (they, uh, look like liver) that are about one inch squares. Is this normal? I also think my vagina different, in a less plesent way. How long does bleeding normally last after a medication abortion, if 4 weeks too long?

me too! same situation, only i'm going on three weeks. anyone know anything about it??

I didn't have a medical abortion I had a surgical one. But I bled until I started my first peoriod. So I had a lot of bleeding. By the time I started my peoriod I was very weak. But my period was only three days and then it was all gone. I was just like new. So it's a pain in the ass and it sucks that everytime you go to the bathroom you have to be reminded of what you did, but it will get better and what is happening to you is perfectly normal.

Medical abortion causes more bleeding than surgical abortion, so that is very normal.

Usually women that have surgical abortions, and take it easy for 3-4 days, do not bleed much at all.

can sum1 please help me! I had a medical abortion 3 weeks ago an done my prganacy test 2day which cum bac with a posistive result!!!!!!
has anybody else had the same problem? Cant go thru it all again!!!!!

Unfortunatly it is very common for a pregnancy test to still be possitive for up to 6 weeks after miscarriage/abortion. Try not to get your hopes up to much and go to the doctors. I hope it all works out for you!

Hiya, I had a medical procedure done 4 weeks ago after my miscarriage. I bleed very heavily for 1 week then I was just getting some brownish discharge that comes and goes occasionaly. If I was you I would make an appointment to see your doc just to put your mind at rest! If you had an infection you would have very smelly discharge, a temperature and be bleeding very heavily, you have to remember everyone is different and its just your bodies way of getting back to normal.
Hope evrything sorts its self out for you!

Your post helped alot. Im coming up on my 4th week after my abortion and Im bleeding alot! You put me at ease knowing that Im not alone. Does anyone know when I can use a Tampon?

You can use a tampon NOW.

QUESTION.. DID you not go back for a follow up visit??

It is required that you back and have them check you out after an abortion, which will show if any problems had happened in the first place.

Hi there, I had an abortion on April 5th, which was 15 days ago. It was my 2nd abortion, and since then I didnt bleed at all. Is it normal? but ... I had bloodlike vaginal discharge .. i have no idea is it blood or anything? Is it completely normal?

and one more thing i am getting worrid about is .. for last 5/6 days i am having Rectal bleeding. am finding blood in my stool ... is it alarming? any information will be helpful .. thanks.

Hi there, I had an abortion on April 5th, which was 15 days ago. It was my 2nd abortion, and I didnt bleed at all. Is it normal? I had bloodlike vaginal discharge .. i have no idea is it blood or anything? Is it completely normal?

and one more thing i am getting worrid about, for last 5/6 days i am having Rectal bleeding. am finding blood in my stool ... is it alarming? does it have anything to do with the abortion? any information will be helpful .. thanks

its normal to bleed after but if you go to the doctors or hospital you can grt birhcontrol to slow the flow that actuallys stops you from bleeding. its also nornal for your test to show positive for your body still shows sign of the fact it to takes a few days .

hey, i had a surgical abortion four weeks ago friday (its now sunday) and i got a contraceptive implant put in at the same time. I was bleeding the whole tiem (for some odd reason it stopped about 9pm...) but finally it stopped today... im thinking about going another pregnancy test.. but ive only had sex once since the abortion.. and it was almost a month after i got the implant, so it should be alright...

im just paranoid now i spose

I had my second abortion and I was bleeding for at least 3 weeks after is that normal? Plus ive needed to go to the toilet a lot and need to urinate. I get a tingle after passing urine then i feel I need to go again but I cant? A few days after my operation I stuck the patch on my arm which is another form of contraceptive.

I had a medical abortion on the 16th of november 2008 and i am still bleeding. I have only stoped once and that was the 3 weeks running up to christmas. this is now annoying me that much that i have been to the docs 4 times already and they said they havent heard of this before...now i am goin back after goin to the docs the last time and the trainee doctor looked up all my symtoms on the internet but couldnt give me an explanation and sent me for blood tests...what can i do?? Whats goin on with my body :-(