Courtesy of the Fraternal Order of Paramedics Society. The North has coffee houses, The South has Waffle Houses. The North has dating services, The South has family reunions. The North has switchblade knives, The South has Lee Press-on Nails. The North has double last names, The South has double first names. The North has Ted Kennedy, The South has Jesse Helms. The North has Indy car races, The South has stock car races. The North has Cream of Wheat, The South has grits. The North has green salads, The South has collard greens. The North has lobsters, The South has crawdads. The North has the rust belt, The South has the Bible Belt. FOR NORTHERNERS MOVING SOUTH ----------- In the South: If you run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in a four-wheel drive pickup truck with a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them -- just stay out of their way. This is what they live for. Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store. Do not buy food at this store. Remember, "y'all" is singular, "all y'all" is plural, and "all y'all's" is plural possessive. Get used to hearing, "You ain't from 'round here, are ya?" Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later on how to use it. Don't be worried at not understanding what people are saying. They can't understand you either. The first Southern statement to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "big'ol" truck or big'ol" boy. Most Northerners begin their Southern-influenced dialect this way. All of them are in denial about it. The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper. Be advised that "He needed killin' " is a valid defense here. If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this," you should stay out of the way. These are likely to be the last words he'll ever say. If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the smallest accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It doesn't matter whether you need anything or not. You just have to go there. Do not be surprised to find that 10 year-olds own their own shotguns. They are proficient marksmen and their mammas taught them how to aim. In the South, we have found that the best way to grow a lush green lawn is to pour gravel on it and call it a driveway. AND REMEMBER: If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits.

:LOL: Mwahahaha!

big ol and he needed killin are great.

At first, I thought this must be a joke, but then, I didn't find a thing funny about it.

Did y'all?

as one of the transplantes Northerners i'll refute the fact that "big ol" is the the first thing to creep in. I just felt, y'all needed tellin dat.

i'm fixin to go have dinner now.

Git on outta heah! You D@mn Yankees be trouble!

Hey Ya'll Watch this!

Comin' from the good 'ol south for many years of my life, this all sounds all too familiar. I actually talk like this when I go home and pick up my southern accent quickly.

Now, I'm fixin' to git myself to bed and lay my noggin down y'all.

I betcha didn't know some of them terms now did ya?