Here in the land of hockey, if someone steals your bike and you catch them and beat them with the seatpost, that would be called 'laying the boards to him'. Doesn't matter that a board was not involved.

"Sleeping wit' da fishes" and "You talkin' to me?" are very common around here.

"Yo! Vinnie" (or somesuch name) is often heard in convenience stores.

"Why in the hell am I shoveling snow on April 24th?"

we very often "red up" the house.

that means "clean"

All that I have noticed here is that people fail to conjugate verbs properly. It's become a pet peeve and I have to stop myself from correcting people's gramatical errors on a regular basis. If I hear one more person say "He gone to the store" I swear someone will lose an eye.

Fixing to (pronounced fixin'ta')

When I lived in Nashville, there's a road called Lebanon Pike but all of the locals pronounced it Lebnun and the tourists could never figure out where Lebnun Pike was.

The bubbler = drinking fountain

We have plenty of place names that don't look/sound right.

Plaistow = plass-toe
Worcester = woosta
Bangor = ban-ga
Augusta = auguster

Tonic = anything that's carbonated in a bottle or can such as Pepsi

Milkshake = flavored cold milk beat up in a blender

Frappe = milkshake with ice cream added

We use Hey instead of Hello too. My inlaws from MI thought that was the rudest thing when them moved to TN but now they do it too.

I'm stoked!

I'm also having a hard time thinking of phrases unique to the area. I have a feeling most unusual things I say are phrases unique to me. 8O

That is what I was going to say. It took me forever to get use to when I moved to the south.

When I was in Georgia I used to hear "only-est". Never heard that anywhere else so I'm guessing it may be unique to Georgia. Years later I met a guy up here in NH who said it and sure enough he was from GA.

Sauna Rules:
1) Sit on top pench at yuu own rdisk
2) Memper tis: Tuu muts teem kets yuu reel tissy. Yuu dumbel town ant prake yuu pones at own rdisk
3) If svet kets in yuu eyes, chust plink a coppla dimes
4) If yuu ket sliffer in yuu packsite from ta pench, ton't holler tuu lowt. Naypers vil tink vee putsering a pic, ant pe looken for pork sops nex tay ant ritavay pe asken "Vhen ta hed chese pe ton?"
5) Vhen yuu all ton (or if yuu lip on ta sope) pudit pack inta sope tis. Ton't leef it melden onta pench
6) If yuu ket tuu hot "Ko chump in ta lake!"

Lot of Scandahoovians in Minnesota, there, dude?