Dear all,

Firstly I would like to mention I am very new to this website and forum. I appreciate any advice/help given.

My penis is of average size, and I can retract my foreskin back over the head of the penis. However, I fear I have excessive foreskin, because once retracted, I have a large 'rubber ring' of skin beneath the head of my penis, which sticks out further than the actual head. it makes movement very sore and uncomfortable. The foreskin is very tight. My penis is also not as big when retracted, as it is with the foreskin left over. I would say at least an inch smaller. I cannot retract my foreskin over a fully erect penis, as it is far too tight. Basically when fully erect, and the foreskin retracted, I have the foreskin sitting below the head of my penis, sticking out. This makes the whole motion of sex quite uncomfortable, and I cannot masturbate like this.

The question I have is - Do I get my penis circumsized? I can retract my foreskin, but it makes things quite sore when having sex, because of the extra amount of skin under the head of my penis.

I must apologise, I am finding this very hard to explain.

If anyone can work out what I am trying to ask (in this big bundle of text mess), I would be really grateful.

Many thanks,

Welcome LondonLion. I hope this helps.

Here's my story:

My foreskin had always been pulled back for cleaning from the time I was born so it went behind the head easily. When I got to my teen years and my erections became larger, the tip was too tight if it happened to get caught behind the glans as an erection came on. To relieve that I stretched it by inserting two fingers in the tip and stretching it wider while I was in the shower. Stretch it until it hurts a little and hold it as long as you can. This probably will cause stretch marks that are a little sore, especially when urine gets on them, but it's not really bad. It took several months to stretch it enough.

Bambi has another very good stretching description here:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/cant-pull-foreskin-back-at-13&highlight=

Thankyou for your speedy response :-).

I can relate to both stories to a certain extent, the only difference is that i fear stretching it even more, will result in making the other problem worse. The other problem being; When pulled back past the head of my penis, underneath, theres too much skin and it catches in sexual activity. I may have it wrong, is the foreskin supposed to move over the head and back during sex? if not, at the moment it catches and causes discomfort.

Sorry for sounding like such a newb, Ive never had a close relationship with my dad, and I dont speak to my mother about things like this.

So again, Thanks :-)

njoynlife can answer your sex questions much better than I can, but I would definitely recommend going down the stretching route and unless you like the idea of being circumcised; its not a very good alternative.

If you concentrate on it enough you should be able to complete the stretching in the same amount of time it would take for a circumcision to heal. Also, if the skin is looser, it won't be so sensitive when retracted as its not being stretched so much.

Ideally the foreskin should roll all the way back without anything stopping it. Most guys have a frenulum on the under side that wants to keep that from happening. That can be cut by a doctor to get it out of the way or it will most likely tear like mine did. When I got married and began having sex every night the frenulum became a problem. The first time it tore I found that when it healed it was no longer than before. After that when it tore I wrapped it so the ends couldn't heal back together. After several times it was long enough so my foreskin now rolls back so the tip goes back to the bottom of the shaft.

Think of the foreskin like the finger of a glove that rolls back off the finger. During sex the foreskins job is to protect the walls of the vagina while the glans slides back and forth, in and out of it. The inner foreskin has a sensory function just for you. As your penis comes out of it and stretches it you get a very pleasurable feeling that makes you want to thrust even more.

I would talk to your Dr., if he thinks , it may just need to be something you can correct with cream that will soften over time. If curcumcision is discussed, you should only get the tip that is needed to relieve the problem.My opinion is that you should always keep as much foreskine as possible. Every bit you cut off has nervendings that you loose, and with the head being covered it protects nerve endings on the head of your penis also..Ask if a snip off the end will correct the problem. If they do a regular circumsicion, they could cut it all away. Many men wish they had their foreskin,but lost it at birth,when they had no say inn the matter.

Circumcision is an ELECTIVE operation. No one HAS to get circumcised. A few people ELECT to get circumcised for one reason or another.

It sounds to me as though you may have a short frenulum which is preventing complete retraction and causing the foreskin to stop just behind the head. Perhaps you don't actually have excessive foreskin.

One solution would be to stop retracting your foreskin because your problem only occurs when your foreskin is retracted.

If the problem is with your frenulum then a very minor operation would fix that.

I think you have a short frenulum which is preventing complete retraction.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition and is very harmful.