Hey everyone! It's been a year since I noticed I had phimosis and didn't really do much about it. At first my foreskin was so tight that it just barely slid down a couple of centimeters. After about a week since first notice, I got it to the point where I could retract my foreskin all the way down my penis when it is not erect. A few days ago, I was able to retract the foreskin all the way with moderate difficulty while erect. Still I feel slight pain when trying to stretch it further. Once I had pulled my foreskin all the way down, I noticed that there was some foreskin that was stuck to the base of the glans. At first I thought it was just the same case as when I first tried to stretch my foreskin. Now I don't think I can pull it apart, well I'm sort of anxious about it. 

I wasn't sure if pictures were allowed, but I'm just gonna post one to show what it looks like.

http://i56.tinypic.com/4ka05d.jpg

Hopefully someone can help me with my problem.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** explicit and graphic content***

hey shinghan,

i dont think that it is anything to cause to grat of concern. how old are yo u are youstill a virgin? if you are not has it caused you any pain while having sex?

what it looks like youhave is an adhesion. sometimes GENTAL traction can separate the adhesino othertimes if you want it removed you have to go to a doctor.

I'm 19 now and still a virgin, so I can't say much about pain during sex. I'll take your advice and see if I can try and separate it myself. Maybe I just need some patience. Who knows? 

well just to make sure i am talking about the same thing as you are. this adhesion is on the top right part of your penis correct and it spans over the the top part of the penis just below the coronal ridge.

if it is that large i would be very careful on trying to sepearate it yourself

That piece of skin is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has an artery inside it that provides blood to the head of the penis. You don't want to cut or tear it because of that artery.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum. Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back, you have a short frenulum.

You can stretch the frenulum just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract.

The frenulum does not contain any arteries or veins thoes are on the dorsal side of the penis inbetween the two corpus cavernosa. The frnulum is painful and does bleed a little if torn so be careful...... if they are to tight then you can have them surgicaly removed

Hi Shinghan:

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated, protective foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision.

You are very fortunate to have parents that did not circumcise you. You have a whole, complete penis so you have sex the way nature intended it.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans that connects the foreskin to the head is called the frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation. Pulling the foreskin back with too much force can tear the frenulum. The frenulum carries important blood vessels so tearing it usually causes bleeding.