I've been getting my period for 2 1/2 years now I'm 15 years old I usually get my period every other month and I was checked out all good but two days ago I started my period and I have had very large clots the size of almost a dollar bill and I'm worried but I don't know if I should tell someone I keep to myself because it's sort of an awkward conversation if it's nothing to worry about what should I do

Hi there

Passing clots is normally not a sign of trouble. Here is info for you -

Many women have clots in their menstrual blood from time to time. The clots may be bright red or dark in color. Often, these clots are shed on the heaviest days of bleeding. The presence of multiple clots in your flow may make your menstrual blood seem thick or denser than usual.

Your body typically releases anticoagulants to keep menstrual blood from clotting as it's being released. But when your period is heavy and blood is being rapidly expelled, there's not enough time for anticoagulants to work. That enables clots to form.

If these clots are quite large, you may need to visit a doctor for diagnosis. If you are currently on medication that interferes with periods, inform your doctor and he may change/recommend another or stop it altogether. Good luck