I’m scheduled for some open resection in two days. To be more précised I’ll be having laparoscopy in order to remove my ovarian cyst. As I was explained this is open resection which could help me remove the cyst but I still don’t get it what laparoscopy is and how fast I will recover?

Open resection is performed when there’s no need for invasive surgery. In other words open resection is used to avoid natural opening of the body so it is often defined as MIS- minimally invasive surgery that is accepted as a surgical technique. I had two laparoscopies after whom I recovered pretty fast avoiding some activities in first week after this open resection. In fact laparoscopy is kind of open resection whose treatments are limited on the abdomen and pelvic cavity. The revolution in using laparoscopy is chip camera that offers a magnified view of the operative field on monitor and makes it much easier for surgeon to perform the operation. Laparoscopy as a form of open resection is limited only for simple procedures and cannot take place of a “natural” operation. And as for recovery the main purpose of laparoscopy is to provide minimized pain while surgery and to minimize post op recovery period.