4 years ago I had a bowel resection due to a laroscope piercing my bowel and now I suffer with bloating after eating and constipation or diarrhea is this common if so how do I get rid of it

I had a small bowel resection 5 years ago due to a volvulus (intestine twisted on itself). About 1 foot of the terminal ileum was removed and the remaining was connected directly to the ascending colon (large intestine). My appendix was also removed. I, too, have had bowel changes after the operation. For the first 3 years after the operation, I had diarrhea-like stool ~3 times a day. About 2 years ago, I started getting occasional bouts of constipation. Now my bowel habits are just entirely unpredictable and it doesn't matter what I eat and I try to be very careful with my food intake. The bloating can be quite painful at times and certainly uncomfortable at best. I'd recommend that you go to see a gastroenterologist. Sometimes (years after a resection surgery), the anastomosis (the portion of the bowels that they reconnected) can become narrowed, which apparently can cause these changes in bowel habits. If that is the case, they can try to open up the anastomosis a bit and that might help with the symptoms.