Few years already, I have problems with hemorrhoids. At beginning, I was thinking natural ways to help myself might work. However, after a while, my doctor realized surgery is the only way to help me. That is why I would like to hear more about hemorrhoidectomy. I would appreciate any info because I do not know where to seek for answers.

I can see you know already that surgery to remove hemorrhoids is called hemorrhoidectomy. During this procedure called hemorrhoidectomy, the doctor makes incisions around the anus to cut away the hemorrhoids. The incisions of hemorrhoidectomy are made in a highly sensitive area. It might require stitches, which can cause the area to be tender and painful. This procedure might be done using a numbing medicine while the patient is sleepy but awake, known as local anesthesia. In some cases, surgery is performed when the patient is in deep sleep, known as general anesthesia. Hemorrhoidectomy is generally an outpatient procedure, which means that patients usually go home the same day. Other minimally invasive options for reducing the size of or removing hemorrhoids include laser, rubber band ligation, or sclerotherapy. Although these minimally invasive procedures might result in less pain and fewer complications, hemorrhoidectomy is better, since it might provide better long-term results.

I am day 4 after having a Hemoriodectomy and I can tell you its very painful. I needed to have 2 blood transfusions in 8 weeks due to the amount of bleeding, so really I didn't have an option. My aunty has had hers done over 9 years ago and she said she would do it again. It is very painfull but as each day goes by the pain becomes less. The hardest thing is doing a bowl movement after the surgery boy oh boy having babies was a walk in the park compared to this but now onto my 3rd bowl movement and it is getting better. I had 3 days in hospital with my surgery and had a general anasethic. Good luck and I hope this is helpful to you as I know the information I receive from my aunt helps me as you don't seem to get too much info from the hospita.