Had a colon resection 8 weeks ago at which time they also repaired an umbilical hernia........they had to do what they call an open surgery due to 3 previous c sections done from the belly button to the pelvis/2 weeks later had an abcesess that surgeon lanced in office, he packed it w/gauze that had to be changed everyday , this lasted about 2 weeks....another spot appeared next to incision but he said it was nothing.........i now am experiencing swelling near incision, legs, back and neck. My lymph glands are swollen under my arms, i feel like pins and needles are going up and down my body if you touch the swollen areas.....these areas come and go , my skin is very mottled looking ( red,white and pinkish in color), I also can't sleep, I'm freezing and then sweating like someone lit me on fire. I haven't felt right since the abcess..........I am 49 years old,female, take toporol 100mg daily for high blood pressure/which since surgery my blood pressure goes up to 150 to 180 on top to 65-115 on bottom this cost me another trip to hospital /coumadin 10mg daily theraputic for blood clots in lung / thigh and arm......no blood clots at the moment.......tegretol 200mg daily for partial seizures (petite)/ and my primary dr just put me on zoloft for the "hot flashes" and the mood swings and depression i am experiencing since the surgery........i feel like my surgeon doesnt take me seriously..........my primary is currently running blood tests...........i feel like i'm going crazy any help out there.....thank you

Every now and than I lose bowl control and have an accident at any time of the day. I just had a colon operation and had part of my lower colon
cut out and replaced with a tube to connect my colon together. should I control the bowl movements with cheese and stool softner or any thing
else.

I also had the surgery a little over 8 weeks ago. Depression was really bad a week ago where I did not get out of the bed all day and just cried all day. I freeze one minute an then get hot. I also am having headaches which I think are associated with higher blood pressure than normal. I have never been bothered with HBP. Maybe this surgery messed with hormones or somehting. I can't get to feeling like my old self.

would like an update, how did you do eventually.