Good day everyone. We had this checkup on our job and I was always healthy. my biggest concern was that they will find out that I have problems with aortic valve. It looks like that it needs to be repaired. I know that every surgery is delicate and that I need to be extremely careful when I discuss with my doctor about it. But there are a few things that I really want to know - What is Aortic Valve Repair and how dangerous is it? I hope that it is not that dangerous as some people told me... Tnx! 

Hi there dear guest. It can be dangerous so sometimes surgery is needed. Surgery to replace an aortic valve is done for aortic valve stenosis and aortic valve regurgitation and your surgeon can explain you this at the best possible way. During this surgery, the damaged valve is removed and replaced with an artificial valve. The valve replacement is typically an open  - heart surgery. A minimally invasive method to replace the aortic valve may be an option for some people. These methods include minimally invasive surgery or a catheter procedure. The recovery process can be a little longer than you have expected. I don’t know how it is done this procedure.

It depends on the situation but it is true that it can be dangerous. If your chronic regurgitation is getting worse and you have symptoms, you will likely have surgery. If not, maybe you can treat it differently. Now, about recovery process - you will recover in the hospital until you are healthy enough to go home. So don’t even bother to ask your doctor can you go home or not, because that is depending on your overall health, you will likely go home a few days after surgery. Surgery will likely involve a long recovery over several weeks and recovery process can last from 4 to 12 weeks.

Hello there. OK, but now if I accept to do this surgery and the chances are really big for it, because my health is the main for me, I want to know more about this surgery. OK, this surgery is dangerous like every other surgery, but does this means that there are a chances that this surgery becomes fatal? I really hope that you will tell me that this is not true. And of course, another thing that I want to know is for how long I need to wait on the recovery process? Thank you so much.

Hey there. It is totally normal that you are asking us all those questions, but I think that the best person who can give you answer on those questions is your doctor, your cardiologist. The person who you trust the most because they will do this surgery. So, ask him whatever you want to know, whatever bothers you. Anyway, about the recovery process, it depends on how aortic valve is damaged. But generally, you can't expect to recover that fast from it because it is very complicated surgery. You will be recovered after almost one month, sometimes even more. Good luck.