For those of you who have them at your gym, what do you think of them?

If you look at my training reports you will see that I am adding pull-ups, chin-ups and dips to my work out to try and cross train some. One of the Y employees told me that I should use it until I can get my reps up. (by the second set I can barely get 1 pull up or chin up).

How many reps and or sets do you use. I was looking at doing 2 sets and I guess I will need to figure out what weight to use to get me to 8 to 10 reps.

We've got one at the gym. I used to use it all the time, had gotten away from it, but am getting back to it. I can't help but think it will improve the swim.
I'm a weenie. I set it at 60% and max out the reps at 10, and do one round: dip, chin, dip, military pull, dip, parallel pull.
I like the idea of upping the % and doing two rounds.

I talked to the trainer that is helping to tweak my workouts and he told me to pick a weight that will allow me to get through 8 - 12 reps for 2 sets. I am looking forward to seeing some improvements over the next few weeks.

Yeah, if you can only do 1 rep during the second set, then you definitely need to cut back on the first set to even things out. In time, you will be able to get to 12 reps for 2 sets.

Trail Running Blog