I know there's kindov a rule on this and what you are trying to achieve, what is what on amount of weight and total reps? Like more reps with lower weights achieves what? And less reps with higher weight?

Am I making sense?

I have bumped up some of my weight lately because I feel I've gotten stale in my workout. But now I'm wondering if this is the best plan for what I want my body to look like. I don't want bulk, just a lean and toned look. So should I maybe keep my weights lower and try to do more reps?

For example, using dumbells I do chest presses on the bench with 30 lb weights. I was doing 25 lb weights but could fairly easily do 10 reps (3 sets). Now I can maybe do 8-9 reps for 3 sets (maybe less the last set). Should I even be adding weight?

I feel like I am looking bulky on my upper body, not like big muscles or anything, but kindov thick. And I don't know if it's just needing to keep losing weight or something with my weight routine. I was complaining to my hubby the other night and he was saying some of it looked like from weights, like the little muscle that pops up by your neck on the shoulder (which is weird because I don't do a ton of shoulder things...) And he thought it was cool but I hate it!!!!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!! I'm still wondering if I should suck up a little cash and work with a trainer at least a few times to really personalize and update my entire workout.

Go with higher reps. I usually do 15 reps on all my sets. If that gets easy at the end of the third set, increase the weight of the middle set. This will give you a warm up and cool down. After that gets easy, you should be ready to move up the weight for all sets.

I lift three days a week. Mon and Fri I use heavier weights and lower reps (6-7). On Wed. I use lighter weights and 10 reps. It's kept me lean and strong and I'm not adding any more bulk.

Asking advice on weight training you will always get a different answer from every single peson.

All too often i hear women say "i don't want to get bulky" the truth of the matter is unless you're training like a mad man, you wont get that kind of bulk.

I think you answered you own question, when you said you might consider a personal trainer. A PT can assess you goals, and offer you a workout plan accordingly.