You have so many amazing and helpful videos. Yet I have a question. I understand you say 10 reps for beginners, Intermediate 15, and 20 Advanced. 

The question is:

How many "Sets?"

I was taught to do 3 sets and whatever amt of repetitions I was ready for at the time.

Am I correct? Thanks!!!

Health Advisor

Hello.

3 sets is the most common recommendation from gym instructors. All beginners must undergo that regime. 

Although it's the most popular it isn't as effective as it seems. From my experience it's better doing 8-10 reps in 4-5 sets. 

It's important that you don't push yourself over the limit just to do enough reps. Also, you must do breath exercise after every sets and it seems like good idea to mix exercises which includes similar groups of muscles. 

Create a 5-day schedule and stick to it. And you can always ask senior members or gym instructor what their schedule is.

I hope it helps. Cheers!

Thank you! I will try that!

Is it always important to take 2 minutes in between each rep? How long should you rest between each one? It seems to take forever then I get discouraged.