After doing my cruciate twice and trying to get back to playing sports, i've a biodex test in eight weeks any ideas on the best exercises to get back on track should i stick to gym, run or both????

What do you think work for you best? If running is working then go for it, if both then much better for you to be able to achieved best results.

Yeah trying to mix both and muscle getting bigger but think all the weights is slowing me down or else just getting old

I agree that both will be a good idea. Ease gradually into the running with a run/walk program like the ones on - or if you just want to start strait away with running, warm up gradually by walking for 5 minutes first and then starting with a slow jog which gradually accelerate over 5 to 10 minutes to your desired pace. Circuit training can slow you down if you do heavy weights. Do light weights with more repetitions - 10 to 15 reps per set and you should be able to do all of them quite quickly. Increase to 2 or 3 sets of each exercise before thinking of increasing weight.

Unless you're a competitive runner or bodybuilder, best do both

I think your suggestion will be a good way for exercising, some people will find it useful and helpful.

I like to work out a lot in gym but when I suddenly stopped working I gained weight a lot so don't stop working for ever.