hi, im 25 yrs old guy. Im deeply worried about my weight being only 49kgs & need to increase it more. Also, i need to build up some muscles as im lean & lanky. To compound to this, i have also thin curved thighs and narrow wrist. How can i gain weight & build some muscles without taking any stimulants or drugs?? What should be the diet & work out which i need to follow & adopt? What is required to be done by me? I would be very pleased to have suitable advises for my tensed problem.

New Member
Hi Tedy,

I understand your concerns. Transforming your body is difficult, to say the least.

It's impossible to give you a completely individualized workout regimen, because I do not know your exercise experience, medical history, or current diet. Here are three general muscle-building tips, though:

1. Begin weight training three times a week. Use compound exercises, also known as multi-joint exercises, for the majority of each workout. For example, try exercises such as barbell squats, deadlifts, bench press, dips, military press, pull-ups, and barbell rows. When first starting out, do one set of 8 to 10 reps, for about 6 to 8 exercises during each workout, using relatively light weights and making sure to work all of your major muscle groups. As you get stronger, add sets and weight slowly.

2. Begin eating slightly more food. Gradually increase your caloric intake, making sure that you're eating sufficient amounts of fat, carbs, and protein. 49 kg is pretty light, so don't worry too much about getting fat. Chances are, if you begin lifting consistently and find yourself making good strength gains, then you'll be packing on more muscle than fat. If you do find yourself getting too fat, just cut back on your food intake. As far as specifics go, there are a lot of diets out there, but I personally like the good, commonsense advice.

3. Consider seeking professional advice. A good fitness trainer can show you proper exercise form and correct any mistakes in your form, and he can also put together a well-designed routine for you. Also, it's a good idea to see a doctor for a check-up, particularly if you feel like you can't put on weight at all, because for some people, being chronically underweight signals an underlying metabolic problem. (I'm not trying to panic you, though. For many people, being underweight simply means that you're not eating enough.)

Good luck! If you have any questions, let me know.