I am kind of intimidated to go to the gym alone and my friends are lazy bums, and running alone I find embarassing...

Is there things I can do in the privacy of my house to gain the same affect? Are lifting weights good at all for killing fat? Are dynamic exercises as good as runing?

Any help is appreciated.

New Member
If you're uncomfortable going outside or to a gym to exercise, there are plenty of things you can do at home. The fact is that doing anything at all is much, much better than doing nothing.

Strength training helps you burn fat by 1) burning calories and 2) helping you build and maintain muscle mass, which even at rest burns more calories than does bodyfat. So you should definitely include a well-balanced strength training program as part of your exercise regiment. If you don't have access to weights, you can even use your own bodyweight.

Do pushups, diamond pushups, pushups on your knees, and 1-armed pushups on a bench or wall for your chest, shoulders and triceps. Do pull-ups, chin-ups, and doorknob (towel) pull-ups for your back and biceps. Do squats, squat thrusts, 1-legged squats, and lunges for your legs. Do sit-ups, planks, crunches and V-Ups for your midsection (If you need any descriptions of these exercises, private message me.)

As for cardio, there are plenty of exercises you can do inside: Jumping jacks, rope skipping, line jumps (side to side, or back and forth), and shadow boxing. Or you can do the bodyweight strength training exercises listed above "circuit-style," with little or no rest between sets, for a decent cardio workout.

Great, thanks a lot.

Yoga is the answer to your question.:) But I still advice going to a class supervised by a yoga teacher before doing it on your own.