My kid was always a “typical” kid. I’m not saying that he has some illness neither he’s diagnosed of some disorder (yet). It’s just that I mentioned something strange in his behavior. I started to read some medical books but am not that much medicine literate and I’d like to hear now if there’s a non-verbal disorder. And what it is anyway how it can be cured and what are the symptoms of a non-verbal disorder. Thx

You’ve done a right thing being interested in the characteristics of this disorder for if your child is having NLD (non-verbal learning disorder) it is important to act as mach earlier. It is usually that individuals are missed to be diagnosed with NLD but usually parents observe some changes in their behavior before they got to school age. While they’re young it is difficult to notice that there’s something missing for they’re very bright. They’re also very often marked as very talented for their memory and reading ability and for their mature vocabulary. But as they grow up they become disoriented, they forget doing their homework’s, are very often anxious and depressed, and are not capable of learning or reading. This condition is especially common in a period of adolescence; they might withdraw, escaping a company of parent or peers, might being depressed and often think of suicide. As I said it is important to react on time and the result will be better and it’s very important for your child to get diagnosed for it’s very often that these kids are being unfairly accused of being lazy or none willing to cooperate.