I have genital herpes and I’ve learned that its symptoms are found usually around the genital area. But a week ago I’ve experienced cold sores for the firs time. I didn’t have sex last month so I find all this a bit strange. How did I get infected with oral herpes? Is there anyone who experienced this symptom too? Does this mean that I now have both virus one and virus two in my body? Any advice on what to do?

The same thing happened to me last year and I was as puzzled as you must be now, but getting oral herpes from genital herpes really is possible. You have to be very careful during the outbreak of the symptoms because you can very easily infect any other part of your body if you don’t wash your hands after touching your sores. While I was in the bathroom I tried to remove the hair from my face and I touched my mouth accidentally. The next morning I woke up with cold sores on my face. This doesn’t really make the situation more difficult since oral herpes simply comes and goes without almost any inconveniences - well, at least in my case there were no additional inconveniences, apart from looking ugly for about a week, but when you think about it, that doesn’t have to be such big a deal. And a piece of advice - avoid giving oral sex during the outbreak of oral herpes.