Hi. I'm 29 year old mother and I'm pretty worried right now. Lately I have heard a lot of things about some cold sores. Cold sores treatment, causes of cold sores, self-diagnosis of cold sores etc.
But, to be honest, I don’t even know what that is. I know only the fact that it is more present at winter so I guess it has something to do with cold weather.
I have two kids and I know that I would like to inform them about possible epidemic.
So, if anyone maybe knows something more about this, please tell me!

I can see that you are worried and I can see also that you don’t have a clue what cold sores are.
Please, let me educate you. Cold sores are a type of facial sore caused by herpes simplex infection. The lesion can be located either on the lips or else on the skin in the area near the mouth.
Most of us are infected with this virus but some triggers such as fever, overexposure to sunlight, physical or emotional stress, hormonal changes or certain foods and drugs can reactivate the virus.
The thing you should remember is that the blisters of herpes simplex are filled with virus and they are highly contagious, of course, until they heal. Like you probably assume- there is no cure for herpes simplex but you will not need any cure because, in most cases, cold sores clear up on their own and require no treatment.