Hello, guys. We all hear about anorexic girls. I am interested whether anorexia affects men as well. Can someone answer me this? I have a male friend that is very thin and he has some problems with eating. Could this be anorexia? I will appreciate all your answers. Thanks and bye!

Hello to you too. Anorexia can affect men as well. But, this is in smaller percentage than within women. However, the number of men that are dissatisfied with their looks is increasing. In that way, the number of anorexic men will increase as well. It is possible that your friend suffers from anorexia. He should ask for a doctor’s help. I hope he will be all right. Please, let me know his diagnosis. Bye!

Hello there,

Of course that anorexia is affecting man too, especially man who are involved in sports such as running.

Is your friend involved in this sport? If he is it is quite possible that he was trying to lose weight so that he could be lighter and faster. I am familiar with this because one of my friends few years back had this problem. It is unbelievable but it is happening especially when you are under great amount of pressure to accomplish certain results.

He was hospitalized and luckily after some time he managed to recover. Of course he had to give up on professional running but at least he was fine. I hope that your friend will be fine too and help him if you can.