I have anorexia nervosa and whenever I eat and I dont eat much at all I get severe bloating and my stomach looks like I'm pregnant and I'm male. I'll wake up in the morning looking normal, then once I eat I'll start to get bloated and by the end of the day my abdomen looks huge and protrudes out further than usual.
Is this a typical symtom for Anorexia patients and how can I fix it, its making my condition worse and i'm in treatment and thats the last thing i need.
Please help.

I do not know if this is a typical symptom..but I have anorexia nervosa also,and I have the exact same problem. My stomach gets so bloated after I eat it looks like i'm prego. I'm also a guy. I do not currently have eating problems and I eat 2 meals a day pretty much. I'm trying to get over it but I can't get completely healed with my stomach like this. I've been to many doctors to see if they can help..so far none have. Any results you have found that can help this problem I'd like to stay updated. I really wish I could find a cure for my bloating. Your not alone in your problem. It is caused by anorexia unfortuneatly. I believe it is anyway. Because before I was anorexic I was fine. Now this. If I find any cures I'll let you know.

Sorry, I don't know for sure, but I know starving children in third world countries always have HUGE stomachs, really bloated from starvation, so I'm guessing these are related things.
Right now my stomach hurts like hell and I have horrible gas bc I'm getting used to a more regular diet, but it's not consistently bloaty. Good luck.

Bloating or abdominal edema occurs because of a lack of protein in the diet. I experienced the same and upon increasing protein intake in the form of animal protein (the form of protein that is best absorbed and won't make you fat), this has gotten better. Eat high-protein until this is resolved.

If you want to remain thin and HEALTHY, it is best to eat fatty meat and limit or even eliminate carbs. With just meat, no matter how much you eat, you won't be overweight ever. I know this has cured many bulimics. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am recovering anorexia and female andi too don't eat much and my stomach is bloating and I too look pregnant my stomach feels like it will pop it gets so tight