Do you think that even elder woman could be having anorexia? Maybe I am wrong but I am concerned about my mom for I think she is anorexic so I need to hear what the symptoms of anorexia are and what anorexia medical help looks alike. I always thought only young girls could be suffering from symptoms of anorexia but now I have this problem with my mom-she was always preoccupied with food that is with calories but lately she had lost lot of weight and is much skinner than I am and I am of pretty much normal weight but no matter this she still keeps thinking she is fat. I think I should help her somehow and for she refuses to admit she has food trouble I would like to hear what the symptoms of anorexia are. Thanks!

It is more likely those are the symptoms of anorexia but there are also some other anorexia symptoms such as having constant migraine followed with dizziness and fatigue, the depression is also one of the symptoms of anorexia as well as isolation and social withdrawal accompanied with the symptoms you have already described. I suppose your mom is around 50 so she could easily be having hormonal imbalances problems that could come premature causing her even more physical complications such as osteoporosis making her bones and teeth more fragile for the lack of the minerals at the first place of calcium. Anyway there are also many other symptoms of anorexia both of physical and psychological nature and this is always a serious condition that requires urgent help otherwise in developed stage it could become even life-threatening. So my advice is if you have recognized even more of the symptoms of anorexia you better talk to her as fast as you can and make her somehow see a doc for it is not like only teenage girls could be experiencing the symptoms of anorexia , nowdays this eating disorder is becoming more common in woman also ant the psychological factor accompanied with social one is to be blamed at first place and also those persons are usually suffering from low self-esteem and self-respect thinking constantly they are less worth than others and through such "weird" relation with food they try to deal with their emotions. So I suppose the psychotherapy and nutrition counseling could help your mom to get recovered plus she could even need extra time for physical recovery also so it is of urgent need she got this medical help right away.