I am 37 years old and have been suffering with ovarian cysts for 5 years. I first learned of this when I had one rupture. It was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt in my life. I have had 2 children and labor doesn't even compare. I phoned the doctor once I was able to move and I was told that I should have come in while the pain was present. Without the pain symptoms, they said they couldn't do anything. (Military Doctors) They had me come in for an US and it showed a cyst on my left ovary. Nothing else was said. I didn't even hear back from the doctor. Over the next few years, I had 3 more cysts rupture. I know the signs now, so I know when it is going to happen. The pain only lasts for about 20-30 minutes and then it is just tender for a couple of days after. Anyway. We moved to a new military base and the doctors seem to be much better here. I told the doctor when I went in for my annual about my history with cysts. She ordered an US. I had the US in January. They found a cyst on my right ovary. I was told that I would need to follow-up in 3-4 months to see if it has gone away. I had the US today and the tech said that "they" were still there. She wouldn't elaborate. I have to wait for the doctor to call now before I know anymore. Does the "they" mean that there is more than one now? I have read a lot on this site that the doctor will put you on birth control to control the cysts. I have been on birth control the entire time. When I tell the doctors this, they are surprised. Obviously BC isn't controlling my cysts. I am at the point where I just want them to take out everthing. I am so tired of being poked and prodded. I have also had a history of dysplasia with pap smears, so up until last year, I was having pap smears every 6 months along with colposcopies. Is there anyone else that suffers from ovarian cysts and is on birth control? What have your doctors said? I have only dealt with miliary doctors and have no experience otherwise.

I too have had multiple cysts rupture. Four already since Christmas. (This is only May.) I too am on birth control pills. I've switched brands and different hormone levels many, many times, all to no good. I still continue to get the cysts and like you, my doctors don't know why. Every pap smear I've ever had since the age of 18 has come back abnormal, but all tests ever done on me have come back saying I was negative for whatever they were testing for. While I have offered no good advice, at least you know you're not alone. :-)