I have never heard of a blanket fresh fruit allergy until few weeks ago. It was time when our daughter developed it along with severe pollen allergies and asthma at age 13. I am sad for her, because we had problems to get right diagnosis at all. Doctors seems to be surprised when I sad she could have fruit allergies. I wonder if there is someone else, who had this problem with getting diagnose of fruit allergy.

I have had these allergies since my childhood. I think I must be very lucky that it runs in the family. This sounds bad, but good side is that I never had the disbelief from doctors or relatives. I also had access to a great allergist, which is extremely important in our condition. I also had food allergy testing done to confirm what we already knew. For me, nuts are something I have to avoid altogether, whether raw, or cooked. However, all my fruit and vegetable allergies only occur when the food is raw. My allergist told me that it is like a protein I am allergic to that cooks out. Therefore, my solution to the fruit and vegetable dilemma is to cook them just a little bit. I find out I am not allergic to steamed veggies; it was interesting fact for me. I do not know if slightly cooking the veggies would be a solution for anyone else, but it might be an option to talk about to an allergist.

I have the same issue. I've told doctors about it and they just say, "Oh, that's strange." I just googled fruit allergy and I'm finding all this information that shows that my belief that I have a fruit allergy is correct. The fruits they mention as being common allergen prone are the ones that bother me the most. The only thing is that I have the same reaction to other fruits as well. Citrus fruits don't bother me as much, but melons and even now grapes seems to be bothering me. Usually, my mouth gets all itchy and the last few times I ate fruit I felt really nautious. I'm just releaved to know that I've been right all this time. I plan on talking to my doctor about it the next time I go.

google search oral allergy syndrome...

i went to an allergist a couple years ago, and its a protien common in birtch trees, to hazelnuts, to apples, peaches, plums, nectarines, etc... i get an itchy throat, bumps on my lips, my stomach sometimes gets upset...its usually not bad enough for me to stop eating those fruits all together, but I tend to avoid them now... and yes, when they are cooked, like applesauces, etc... the protein breaks down, and don't cause a problem. hope that helps..or is along the lines of what is going on