I am 17 years old and I am confused with question if I should dye or not to dye my hair. I know that Bleach-happy Ancient Greek heroes reddened their hair into a fiery symbol of courage. Also and their Roman counterparts used natural dyes to darken their locks. I saw on television that during the 1700s, French women used powder to tint their tresses shades of blue, yellow, pink, and white. So I wonder if that is really normal thing to do, to dye hair, I am brunette and want to be blonde.

Today, about half of all American women colour their hair, and men are also getting in on the game in record numbers. Due to high salon prices, or temporary bouts of creativity, more and more people are dyeing their own hair at home. You've seen these people walking around. They can usually be identified by tufts of fried orange hair peeking out from beneath large hats. But a home hair colorist's best weapons against hair dye mishaps are careful planning and knowledge. So whether you're trying to bring back the color of your youth or are simply interested in trying something new, dye your own hair or visit hairstylist. If you are a brunette and want to go blonde, get thee to a salon, it is better. Even if your hair doesn't appear to have any red tones in it, all dark hair contains some red pigment inside. Therefore, lightening your hair in one step will most likely turn your hair an unattractive shade of orange that hasn't been popular since the days of Queen Elizabeth. In this case, you'll need to undergo what is known as a double process of hair dying.