I am overweight right now and have not had regular periods when I have been overweight in the past. Recently, I haven't had my period in a month and I'm seeing a clearish to sometimes light yellow, mucous with a few streaks of red blood in it that I've never seen before. There is no chance of pregnancy, in case that's important. What is going on? I am totally worried.

8-|

Did you find out what it was? I am also overweight, and am experiencing this.

When I'm under 250-ish, I have normal menstration, however if I go over 250, I stop menstrating. Crazy, it's like a switch... no other health factors involved.. just weight.

I am not having my periods from 4 months now; same problem; my weight has increased from 195 to 225 now. I am not pregnant. age is 26. I had regular periods before. no other heath issue got it checked. only thing concerning is the harmonal change! :'( if you guys find any solution tell me

Have you visited your doctor to see why you are gaining that much weight in a short amount of time? yes, the hormonal change can impact your periods but most of the time you have a heavier period with increased weight. Some remedies may include finding the right diet (not so much to lose weight, although it could help, but just to eat healthier). Certain foods can regulate your period. Foods that are low in fat and complex carbohydrates and high in protein and fiber. Also, water helps! Try consuming 8-8 oz. glasses of water per day, getting ample rest, and adding some exercise into your daily routine.

OK, so i have the same issue. But, I know why, and what is wrong. I have a condition called PCOS aka poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. many cysts on my ovaries. it causes paine and the blood streaked discharge. but it only causes this when my weight is up. Also due to the PCOS, i have irregular periods, and constant ups and downs in my weight. and like the last post says about eating right food, it is completely true. High protine and fiber, not so many carbs, and plently of clear, sugar free fluids...water is the best! and a regular exercise regimine helps alot! go see your dr. in case this is what is going on with you. there ARE easy treatment for this, and it is VERY common, and even more often un-diagnosed!!! hope this helps!!! :-D