Think about your immediate family. Would you say that 1/2 of them are overweight?

Yes. Mother, sister, aunt, uncle...they are all overweight. They are all beautiful people, but have struggled with their weight for years. They lead active lives, but overeat compulsively.

16 out of 23 immediate family members are overweight - obese, even. This number includes brothers, sisters, grandparents.

Mom, dad , brother, uncle , aunt

My grandpa is overweight but that's about it. We are all pretty much the same size.

Me too...I'd say just about 1/2 are for me. I've always loved my Mom's lifestyle though and how well she takes care of herself through eating completely healthy, choosing healthy hobits like gardening and maintaining an exercise program her whole life...

This is why I thought of this:

most of my coworkers here (there's only 5 of em) are grossly overweight and sometimes it's just not fun to watch them bring fast food bag after fast food bag into the office and listen to them chow it all down...

Probably over half. Cousins included. My cousin Kelly had high blood pressure when she was TEN!!! She's like a size 24 now, but what's funny is, she still won't even LOOK at a carrot but her kid eats real well, he loves broccoli and really doesn't like sweets.

Everyone in my family is average size, despite not being very active. Probably partly genetic, partly healthy diet.

Nope. Dad's pretty active; everyone else is really obsessive about their weight/size. Not to sound neurotic, but it's true.

My dad is probably 15-20 lbs. over weight, but everybody else I can think of is within a reasonable weight range for their height.

Definitely not half. My mom is, some aunts and cousins. But most of us are in the normal range. For weight, anyway.

It is actually pretty funny, but my two brothers, my sister and I were all overweight at some time (My younger brother was around 190, my older brother was around 250, I was 205 and my sister was around 180.

We are now all much smaller now. My younger brother is around 170, and much more muscular, my older brother is 195, I am 163 and my sister is 125. We lost a whole person between us all!

My wife lost close to 50 lbs froom when I met her!

Mom has always struggled with her weight, but she isn't obese. She has the classic Italian hips!

Shelfie, you are right about the cow-worker thing. I have one cow-worker who has gained around 40 lbs in the past year and a half. He is 25 and he eats so much c**p, it baffles me. He is starting to waddle a bit!

0
Most of us are in pretty good shape. Greg, me and a brother, Ken have all done marathons.

My parents have struggled with weight issues for a long time. My mom is doing pretty well with hers, little bit overweight but she exercises regularly. Dads a different story.... sisters and brother are all in the normal weight range due to diet and small amounts of exercise. Kids are in great condition. One reason I hold fast to a pretty strict exercise plan is the fact my old man weighs about 100 lbs more than I do - same height, same frame. I'm not gonna be like that.

our family of 8 - zero are overweight

my mother, brother and his wife, my mil and fil, my bil and his wife and all nephews and nieces - zero are overweight