Hi, I am 18 years old, and I am at least 50 pounds overweight. I already have problems with my health, and very bad blood picture. Are there any other teens with the same problem?

Hi, I was overweight when I was a teen, and I had many problems because of that. I had difficulty breathing, high blood pressure, I was sweating like creasy and I was very slow in everything. I was so fat, I didn’t have a girlfriend for a long time. Finally, when I finished high school and teen days, I realized that I had to do something about my extra pounds, and that I needed a help. I went to nutritionist, and asked her to help me start a diet. I was visiting her twice a month, and every time she made me a new diet plan. I was on a diet for half a year, and all that time I was jogging every day. I lost all my extra pounds, and many people didn’t recognize me. I recommend you to give your best while you’re still a teen, not to be overweight any more.

Hi, Im 17 years old and weigh over 200 pounds. I have been made fun of my whole life for being fat and it can get really embarassing. I want to lose weight so bad but i guess you can call me lazy when it comes time to do it. I neevr keep up on diets or anything. I think i need professional help like a trtainer and nutrisionist, but i dont have a job and my mom doesnt make enough to get me one. What should i do about this?
I want to start going to the gym but i dont have money to pay for the membership every month. My boyfriend leaves for college soon and i want to look really good when he comes home! I wanna change myself and become a new person. I am always so depressed because of being overweight and thats putting distance between me and him because im so self conscious. I have no self confidence, and i would really like to lose about 50 pounds and gain some confidence. Please email me back because i dont know hw to check this on here. My email is: _[removed]_ , i REALLY look forward to your advice. Thanks
Amanda

i am a 11 and a half and i weigh 155 and it is hard cause all my friends are small and petite it is embarrassing :'( . I wish i could at least 35-45 pounds. It is hard for me. Well i have one friend who is about 120 pounds but it doesn't show.Do any of you have any suggestions for me to loose weight?

**edited by moderator**

I'm 15 and I have recently gained 10 pounds :-( I'm about 160lbs now and I'm about 5ft 9. My school is filled with petites, there are only 10 (at most) stocky, chubby, or heavy girls there (literally - "Mean Girls" is based on a book based on my school) anyway. I'm gaining because I've been overeating lately, but I know how to lose weight. I lost ten pounds in a few weeks over the summer. 1) realize that those "lose weight fast eating this" ads are scams. I want to loose fast and without effort too, but there's no real way to do that :-(
2) eat healthily. I know it's hard, just work at it
3) I ran in the morning (nice and cool) over the summer for a few weeks, just 30 min-1 hour at a time. A brisk walk would work too.

hey i am 14, and i am in the same situation that ur in!i hve found that if u switch from soda to water it helps increase losing weight!and if u do at least 40 crunches a day u will succeed in losing yor weight!bt u must do this everyday of the week!but i will tell u tht this helps&has made me more confident in myself! :-D

hey i am 14 years old and i have some tips for u!a first good tip is to cut down yor need 4 soda and drink more water!this will help u very much!another thing to do is eat yogurt at least once a day this is guaranteed to help u lose weight!especially if u do at least 30 crunches a day!
I wish u the best of luk! :-D

Hey all.

I'm 16 years old and I suffered from the same things..now im not a fitness or nutritional expert but this is what has worked for me..

the biggest thing is get rid of saturated and trans fat and high sodium foods.. This means actually reading the nutritional labels.. when reading these keep in mind there should be NO saturated and trans fats and minimal amounts of sodium.. you should only have about 1400mg of sodium per day

The next thing is eat more veggies and less meat.. when you do eat any piece of red meat it should never be more than the size of the palm of your hand.. If its bigger, cut it down

Another key thing is watch your portions.. most of us tend to fill our plates and then eat it because its there... so measure out your food while putting it on a plate.

I mentioned this before but ill mention it again, less sodium, more water.. water is really the only thing worth drinking at all.. it flushes out your system and is a major part of your body in your brain and muscles.. sodium retains excess water in the body and in fact makes you weigh more.. sodium also affects the functioning of other body systems.

the minimum water you should drink we all know is 8 glasses a day, but when your active and exercising you should be drinking 12-16 cups.

The next big thing is EXERCISE! we don't all like to do it but its absolutely vital.. spend at least one hour everday doing cardio.. really get your heart and lungs pumping... you don't even need to do it all at once, as cardiovascular exercise is all but pleasant.. break it into two, do half an hour twice a day it makes it more manageable

so to sum it up

eat less exercise more
like your mom always tells you - eat your veggies
drink plenty of water every day
dont starve yourself but portion out your foods
1 hour of cardio daily

and no cheating.. that means none of those fake sandwich meats, no coca cola, no chips... like jack lalaine says.. "If it tastes good, spit it out" eating healthy is a challenge but its well worth the rewards

its a difficult challenge but it can be done

I did it :-) I was 14 and was about 4'9 and weighed about 135, today im 5'5 and weigh only 140

Choose your goal, and work your ass off to achieve it, it may be tough and grueling at first, but don't let it discourage you
it's a tough journey but absolutely worth it

since i know that u feel so bulky and insulted about it,but i had this problem also when i was 18(now 20).my weight was 72,but now it is 58.i'm feeling very much better now .so here is the solution

1.don't eat ur lunch(11:00 breakfast,2:00 pm lunch and dinner).

2.drink grean tea a lot when u feel hungry.

3.and do the exercise like running and crunches better u start gym.

4.and play sports.

that's all i did .i played too much cricket and i reduced my weight around 1 5kg.

so that's all i can answer .

best off luck,roxi

I'm 18 and I had the same problem. I had 108 kg now and now I have 73. You should eat 5 times a day, but small portions. And you should drink at least 2 liters of water a day. Green tea is okay too.
When I had a diet I ate a lot of vegetables, and twice a week I ate fish. No red meat or chicken or any other stuff. I drank a lot of water and I went for a walk everyday (about 5 kilometers). I lost 5 kilograms in just one week. Nezt week I lost 2 kg.