Been on lots of oxy 2 yrs now day 2 off using little morphine to help I have 4 kids still can't function always prescribed the meds but so done with what its done to me

Thank you, please pray for me to be as strong as you. God Bless

Thank you so much. My pain Dr said he doubt it that I would be able to come off of the opioids that I'd been on fron 4 + yrs. I'm determine to prove him wrong. With the help of cbs's I may be able to do this.....

Im trying .im cancer survivor .how do u do it

I lived with the pain for years( Gout, Kidney stones and chronic back pain) with only Indocin. The VA said Indocin was bad so they put me on Oxycodone and Morphine, problem no.1 is they regularly send the refills two to ten days late. As I said I lived with the Pain for years. But after five years on the opiates it's the skin crawly ants running up your nerves that drives me crazy When they screw up the delivery. What helps that?

Went to church asked for prayer
Had a miracle on the pain causing my opiod use for seven years.
I was able to cut meds in half because most the pain was gone but supprised after 2 months withdrawal has been up and down.
I think weening up and down for a while can prepare u but now im gonna try to get on the other side. No point delaying the enevitable, but i would always pray for giudance as life is unpredictable sometimes. Learn work and pray.
Pray for me hurting like hell but i know heaven is waiting

Thank you. Have been on mscontin and oxycodone for six years. Needed to hear that detoxing tries to imitate pain. Now I can do this. Down to 30 milligrams of Oxycodone a day. Will push past this.

True, no opiate receptors in the stomach...but they does exist in your bowel. And, yes, IME large doses (30mg or more) do work in mitigating wd symptoms.

Thanks for your story. I am literally laying here scared. I started seeing myself off the same 2 meds about 2 weeks ago. I'm gonna do it. I hate the power those 2 meds have over my life. I did oxycodone first. I am down to a quarter of my prescribed dose of ms.
Scared

Well done to you m8.

I tapered down from 180mg morphine daily to 30mg, it went pretty well. When I went below 30mg daily. I began to have withdrawal symptoms, I got it down to 15, then 7mgs daily, and felt pretty rotten for a couple of weeks,
I completely stopped 12 days ago, the first week, no energy, cold sweats, burning muscles, some shaking of my hands and feet.
The last few days, getting stronger, better concentration, I am free!

Hello I have been taking morphine sulfate I take 15mg 2x per a day I was on 90 mg per a day of but have weaned myself down to taking 1 15mg pill 2 x per a day. I also take oxycodone 10 mg pills I typically take that 3 times per day which is way down from when I was first prescribed them I was on the 15mg oxy taking about 8-10 per a day but weaned myself down to the 10mg 3/per day. I want to really wean myself off but I have severe stomach issues and I am so scared of the withdrawals flaring my stomach issues I know w/drawls cause diarrhea and vomiting along with the chills, sweats body aches I have tried before but have ended up in the hospital due to my GI Issues flaring up so bad. My questions is if I stop the morphine sulfate while taking the oxy will I go through withdrawals?