I was wondering if PACE intervention is really effective in helping patients move towards more healthy active living as they say. I have heard that this program is acceptable to health care providers, office staff and patients. PACE program does not require staff to have special medical training, they told me. Is that true it can be used effectively by a wide range of primary care providers? I want to know more about PACE, maybe I will decide to join if everything I have heard is true.

PACE is a comprehensive guide to counseling for healthy active living. It is designed to assist physicians in effectively increasing their patients’ physical activity levels. It also improves their eating habits. PACE is an internationally recognized program, originally developed by a team of physicians. Those are leading health researchers, behavioral scientists and medical practitioners at San Diego State University. PACE addresses major barriers to physician counseling, it requires only two to five minutes of physicians’ time. This time is used to administer and focuses on moderate intensity activities that are safe, effective, and familiar to the patient. It also addresses the physician's need for accurate and up-to-date research. Beside this, important are information on physical activity, nutrition and health, and what provides training opportunities on effective behavior-change techniques to assist them in counseling their patients.