I was 12 was 4 days when I found out my baby stoppedal growing at 9 weeks 5 days. My uterus and the placenta were still growing like a normal pregnancy. My Dr scheduled me for a suction d&c on friday. I felt fine Saturday until I ate dinner and the pain has not stopped. I thought it was constipation or gas but I have taken colace and gone to the bathroom. I have this pain in my stomach not like cramps but more like shooting pains of emptiness. (LIKE WHEN YOU HAVENT EATEN FOR HOURS AND YOUR STOMACH HURTS) I can't sleep, I was told to take Tylenol but it does nothing. Has anyone else felt like this?

Hi Mamafiz

Yes, with a D & C procedure some women do face complications and this could be more than 2 weeks after procedure. I will list some common recommendations below -

Things to know about taking care of yourself at home:

• Most women can return to normal activities within a few days, and some feel good enough to return to normal non strenuous activity within 24 hours.
  • You may experience some painful cramping initially, but this should not last longer than 24 hours.
  • Light cramping and bleeding can be expected from a few days to up to 2 weeks. Ibuprofen is usually suggested for treating cramps.
  • You should not insert anything into the vaginal area, including douche and sexual intercourse, for at least 2 weeks or until the bleeding stops. (Your health care provider should give you specific instruction for when intercourse can resume.)
  • Tampons should not be used until you start your next regular period, which could be anywhere from 2-6 weeks after the D&C procedure.
  • It will be unknown when ovulation will return, so once sexual intercourse is allowed, you should use a method of contraception until your health care provider says it is okay to try to get pregnant again.

The insides ned to heal, and again symptoms wary. I suggest you visit Doctor who conducted D & C

Aushi