I just had a D&C, endometrial ablation and tubal ligation last week. I still can not wear my clothes. My stomach is still sore and my clothes are still too tight to wear. I feel like I had this done and gained ten pounds. Has anyone else felt this way? Is this normal?

I am considering a D&C, Ablation and tubal ligation, but I am concerned about the recovery process. How did you do after the first week?

I had a tubal 4 yrs ago I got real sick lost 40 lbs i now can not eat any red meat or pork ,fatty foods,no dairy products,no spicy foods.When i do eat any of that stuff i get real bloated, acid reflux,and feel real sick.Dr thought it was done wrong so he went in and redid the tubal.that was a year ago.now i am still always sick.and now a week befor and a week after my period i am real sick. i have been to 7 drs they all say nothings wrong.... if anyone can help PLEASE DO!!!

I just had a D+C, endometrial abalation, and tubal ligation 1 week ago today. I feel the same as you jonesnw. Im still wearing sweats and feel bloated. My stomach is sensitive. My stomach reminds me of when I was pregnant. When I woke from the surgery I was throwing up and in horrible pain. The nurses were giving me pain medication through the iv as fast as I could have it. I believe the nurse said I had 11 shots and the dr said that was it. The lady next to me had the same procedure and I can remember her moaning in pain with me.The Dr gave me loritabs to take for the pain. I got home @ 2pm between then and @ 7pm I had taken 5 loritabs. I called the dr and she told me I had taken too many. I was in so much pain more than after giving birth. The dr said alot of the pain and bloating was caused by gas she said they try not to leave gas in but they could not get all of it out. Im not sure what the gas is or where it comes from. I think it might just be an effect of surgery.

I just had a D+C and endometrial abalation yesterday and am feeling fine today. When I woke up from surgery yesterday I had really bad cramps and the pain meds at the hospital didn't help. They gave me two doses of morphine and a vicodin with no ease in the pain. I came home with vicodin and took those last night (1 every 4 hours) and I was fine when I woke up this morning. Just a little tired. I had my tubal 2 years ago along with my C-section so maybe that is the difference. I know that I was really sore after my last C-section and I am assuming that was due to the tubal. However with my surgery yesterday they told me if I had severe pain and the medicine didn't help then I needed to call the doctor because this was not normal. Hope this helps!

XD I am glad to report that I had an ablation, a dnc and my tubes tied Wed. ( It is now Friday) All of the procedures took less than an hour. When I left the hospital they gave me 2 darvasets. I cramped the entire hour trip home..no nausea, no vomiting..just cramping. No worse than what I experienced monthly! I was so surprised. The rest of the day I took one 800 mg. of motrin. THAT was it! Ibuprofen took away all of the pain. The same for the following day. Today I needed no ibuprofen, I felt great! The only complaint that I have to report is the gas that come with the tubal ligation. WHEW! That is uncomfortable! It settled in my shoulders and chest area. That was worse than anything. But as of tonight it feels as if it is finally subsiding. YEAH!
I read this comment board before my surgery and went in terrified. But now I am glad I went through with the surgery and want to advise any woman considering this to remember that everyone reacts to things differently..so just because it did not go well for one does not mean it will for you! I am living proof! I am so sorry to the poor women who went through bad experiences.

Mckila40: I am so glad to hear of your positive experience. I am scheduled for surgery next Thursday for the thermal ablation, a D & c as well as a tubal ligation. I've been very nearvous, but have two sisters who have undergone the same thing. They both said it was the best thing they ever did. I have had heavy periods lasting up to ten days every three weeks for over a year now. The pain in unbearable with my periods. Heavy cramping, diarehha, nausea, as well as I am a severe anemic. Please keep my in your prayers that this surgery works for me. I'm glad to hear you are doing better as well.

I as well have been 6 days since my ablation, dnc, and tubal. Wow, considering I was told I cold return to work the next day because all I would experience is cramping, I am still amzed by how painful my stomach is and the tenderness still affecting me. Hopefully when the healing is done it will be worth it but I am still tired and taking pain medication and experiencing bloating and back pain. Wish everyone booked for this a less painful experience and I'm still banking on the day I say, "thankgod I did this"

TO ALL WOMEN WHO JUST WENT THRU A ROUGH TIME WITH THE ABLATION AND TUBALI AM VERY SORRI! -ALOT OF UR ABDOMINAL CRAMPS AND WHAT FEELS LIKE GAS BUT WHER DID IT COME FROM?- IS BCUZTHEY OFTEN FILL YOUR ABDOMEN WITH AIR-IM ASSUMING TO CHECK FOR ANY BLEEDING AND ALL-THIS WILL PASS-I HAD MY TUBAL AFTER THEY TOOK MY SON CSECTION SO I WAS ALREDI IN A BIT OF PAIN-NOW ALL WOMEN ARE DIFFERRENT BUT I HAD MY UTERINE ABLATION 5 YRS. AGO-I WAS 30 AND I HAVE NOT HAD A PERIOD SINCE!! THINKING BAK TO THE 8-10 DAYS WHER I COULDNT WORK-HECK I COULD BARELY GET OUT OF BED-BUT IM 36 MY 3 CHILDREN ARE 13 18 & 19-IM SOON 2 BE REMARRIED AND THIS MAY SOUND CRAZI BUT IM NOT DONE WITH BEING A MOMMY-I LOVE MY KIDS MORE THAN ANYTHING-THEY ARE MY LIFE BUT I SMOTHER THEM-WATCHING THEM MOVE INTO THIS NEW PHASE-ADULTHOOD-UGGH! MY BABIES! HAS MADE ME THINK ALOT AND IM JUST NOT DONE-HOWEVER IVE HEARD NOTHING GOOD ABOUT CONCIEVING AFTER AN ABLATION...IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO FOR ME-I LIVE IN FLORIDA BUT WILL TRAVEL ANYWHER TO SEE THE TOP DOCTORS WHO CAN HELP ME CONCIEVE AGAIN LET ME KNOW-ANY INFO WILL BE HELPFUL

Learn some grammar.

I had a d&c tubial ligiation,  a leep and an abliasion all at the same time, six days ago and I am still in pain. After I had the procedure I felt as if I had just given birth. However they claim they gave me an extreme amount of pain meds and it didn't help with the pain. I was told if they couldn't get my pain under control that I'd have to be admitted. Well I left with my pain at a level 5. My daughter had to help me get dressed cause I couldn't even bend over. After the procedure I spotted and that was it until day 5 I fell chasing after my puppy and I felt something tear and I started spotting again. However I had gone to the doctor earlier for my post check up and he gave me meds for my bloating and he said that my stomach was a mess, that I had adheasions and a thick uterine lining and tons of scar tissue and recommended to never have another surgery. He lectured me about pain medicine and made me feel as if I was a drug addict. I had pulled 3 muscles in my back 2 months ago and I was taking pain meds for that and everytime I have seen him he gets affixated on me taking pain medicine, I by the way have never taken pain meds unless I am perscribed  them. I had the same problem after I had my last baby c-section they said I had so many drugs that could have killed a horse but they didn't help me at all. For some reason I just think pain medicine don't work on me. Well anyhow I couldn't ask any questions while I was at the dr office because like I said he lectured me and honestly I am afraid to call or ever go back because of this. I can move around alot better now but I still have a sharp shooting pain on my left side that it doubles me over and it sometimes hurts to walk. I don't know if any of this is normal nor do I know what he means by saying my uterine lining was thick and full of adheasions, he also said my cervix was pushed up because of my bowel and if I keep having problems I should see a gastric doctor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If I would have known how badly I would hurt or feel I would have never had this surgery. Also most people have an abliasion because of heavy periods my periods were light and only lasted 3 days he gave me the abliasion because he said if he ties my tubes and I don't want any more children there is no need to have periods, and I agreed. And they did a leep because my cervix is up so high they can't see it so they were just guessing when they did a colposcopy. So I don't even know if they sent anything off for a biopsy from my cervix. Any advice would be helpful.

Guest 38 wrote:

I had a D & C, and tubal ligation two weeks ago, and I was supposed to have the Nova Sure ablation for my heavy periods but doctor could not do it because my uterus is too small. I am still in pain since the surgery, and if I move a certain way I am in agony, I feel like I put on 10 pounds, I feel so bloated. I feel like I should of never went for the surgery to begin with. and just dealt with my heavy periods.

I had the same thing happen to me, including not being able to do the Novasure. It has been 5 days and I am supposed to feel fine, but I am in a lot of pain and so bloated I look pregnant. Can't wait to feel better, being back at work is hard.

Well about 5 months ago I got a 2nd tubal ligation and d&c done at the same time due to a 2nd tubal pregnancy. The doctors were a bit stunned to know I was able to get pregnant a second time after having a tubal after my last daughter in 2006.(I have 5 kids all together) They thought the 1st procedure may have been done wrong but after the 2nd procedure he said everything looked fine, so they removed whatever was left of my tubes(which were already burned and cut). The recovery from the 2nd procedure was the worst ever! The gas was unbearable and I was extremely sick feeling for 2 weeks. Now every time my period comes I feel like I have a stomach virus for about 3-4 days. And dairy foods and others give me horrible gas. I'm starting to feel pregnancy symptoms which should be impossible that I become pregnant again. Can someone tell me if this is normal after this kind of procedure? Keeping in mind this was my 2nd tubal and second tubal pregnancy!!

I had a D&C, nova sure & tubal ligation 5 days ago & I was told I could go back to work today...don't think I should of....feel worse today....very bloated in my stomach & bad menstral feeling cramps and it goes into my back....so uncomfortable....no bleeding but just trying to figure out what I can do for comfort? 800mg of ibuprofen is just not cutting it!