I 'm just going through miscarriage. I did not have any symptoms,, even spotting, even cramps, anything. I was in 11 weeks fr my pregnancy when I found out that the heart was not beating and the fetus was size of 8 weeks. I am really positive thinking and maybe that's why I did not have any signs. After my doctor told me, I was staring spotting the same day in the evening. Right now I am concern if the natural way will come out everything what is left in my uterus so I don't need D&C. My doctor gave me just 3 possibility to decide. One is natural way and hope that everything will come out by itself and my body will clean itself, next drugs in vagina which should speed up the process or D&C. I kind of concern if there is safer way to do it instead D&C,, do the machine abortion.?????

D&C is very safe, and I as a health care field worker would much rather do that than the drugs inserted into the vagina.
Mainly, the drugs induce contractions, which will HOPEFULLY expel the fetus. Sometimes these drugs do not work, and you would need the surgery anyways.

thank you,, it's me again. My bleeding stopped after two days,, I have another appointment by my doctor in two weeks to check in which faze my miscarriage is and deciding another treatment. Should I be concern that I stopped bleeding.. I still cramping, mostly after urinating.. Should I be concern about infection? It is not a burning pain, just cramps in low abdominal. Should I call my doctor if I 'll not bleed any more?

Jitka

I literally just went through the same exact thing two weeks ago. I was also 11 weeks and the baby stopped growing at 8-9 weeks. I had even heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks. This was my 2nd Miscarriage in 14 mths.

When I started to miscarry it began at home with spotting, then I had the ultrasound and found out that I was indeed miscarrying. Since I spend a lot of time home alone with my kids I didn't want to risk the miscarriage turning into an emergency situation so I had a D&C.

The doctor first confirmed that the baby had died by doing an ultrasound. When that was done the procedure was scheduled. It's done (usually) under general anesthesia in the hospital. I was released 3 hours later. bleeding- spotting was minimal. My only discomfort was while I was still in the hospital. I had some cramping and was given pain meds. The bleeding only lasted a few days with an occasional spotting over the last week.

Miscarriage isn't easy and I'm sorry for your loss. Try to not get to worked up if the doctor suggests a D&C. I was actually relieved that I chose that because the hospital does a pathology report so you can find out if there was a reason for the miscarriage.

If you want to ask me anything post here and I'll check back.

I am only 3 weeks and i'm feeling heavily, abdominal pains. I cry sometimes because I just can not take the pain, but no bleeding is occuring. Am I just experiencing the early stages of pregnancy?

I am sorry for your loss. I too have been through you situation, I lost my first baby at 10 weeks and also had another miscarriage between children.

It is usually safer to do it naturally, but often quicker and a lot less hassle to have the D&C and get it over and done with. It is a personal choice with pro's and con's either way.

I had a natural miscarriage recently. If you are planning on having another baby soon (sorry if it is the furthest thing from you mind at the moment, but some woman do want to try again straight after) then this is probably the best option as there are no time limits on when you can fall pregnant again. I fell pregnant again straight after my miscarriage. I have also had the drugs before. I thankfully have never needed a D&C, I just can't handle the thought of being somewhere where they refer to my child, which I have just loved and lost, as a bit of tissue which needs to be expelled. Where I live abortions and D&C's are done at the same place, with the same equipment and same doctors. But I understand a lot of other places have seperate facilities.

As for the bleeding, I had cramping for a few hours, started bleeding and it last for 2 days. I then stopped bleeding for a day. The next day the cramping returned and a few hours later the bleeding again.

I just want to mention that if you have a D&C in a catholic hospital, as I did it is treated much differently that at other facilities.

1st it is confirmed that the baby is not alive then they double check. Afterwards they complete a death record (certificate) and finally after they have done the necessary tests your child is cremated and buried in the local catholic cemetary. There a baby is always a baby.

I did chose to have the D&C's because I have 5 children that I home school. I couldn't stand the idea that I might have an emergency situation while alone with them. Also the pathology report was important to us because my sister had a molar pregnancy and that can run the risk of cancer so it was important to check these things out.

Dragonfly

I had a spontaneous abortion (went in labor no reason) at 16 wks. my baby boy slid out and I held him as he died. afterward I got a D&C.