Hi
I had a D&C three days ago as I suffered a missed miscarriage. I was 11 weeks pregnant and the fetus had not grown after 6 weeks. Following the D&C my blood pressure was down for a while as I had lost some blood during the procedure, but i did not need a blood transfusion. I was advised that i would have mild period like cramps for a few days but the pain i have been feeling is a lot stronger than i expected. I have been taking neurofen plus with codine but it only lessens the pain slightly. How long should this pain continue, it is all over my stomach really and i have to sit down slowly as i get a pain in the pit of my stomach. I am bleeding since tuesday but not excessively.
Thanks
jsharpe

I AM SORRY FOR YOU LOSE. I FEEL YOUR PAIN I RECENTLY LOST MY BABY TOO AND HAD TO GO THROUGH A D&C TOO. :'( I HAD SEVERE CRAMPING FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 WKS. THE BLEEDING STOPPED BEFORE THE CRAMPING DID. I HAD A HARD TIME SLEEPING BECAUSE OF THE PAIN. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME ABOUT 10 DAYS WOULD PROBABLY BE THE MOST AND THEN THE CRAMPING SHOULD SUBSIDE. AND EVENTUALLY IT DID. YOU SHOULD CALL YOUR DOCTORS OFFICE IF THE PAINS GET UNBEARABLE. CAUSE THEY MAY WANT TO CHECK YOU JUST TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS HEALING, AND YOU ARE NOT FORMING AN INFECTION OF SOME SORT. AND MAKE SURE YOU GO TO YOUR FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT. MINE IS TOMORROW, AND HOPEFULLY HE WILL TELL ME WHEN I CAN TRY AGAIN. BEST REGARDS!

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through :-( :-( However I know how you feel I had to have a D&C on jan 17 2007.The sadess day of my life. I was 10.5 weeks when the fetus died. I had lot of pain also. All I have to say is IT WILL GET BETTER! Just talk to your doctor alot cause there is so much that can go wrong. The best of luck when and if you decide to have another baby ;-) ;-)

Hi, I sufferred from a missed miscarraige on Feb 26 and had a D&C on Feb 27. The cramping I'm having, at times, makes me double over in pain. Usually when I'm having gas pressure or a bowel movement. The rest of the time it's a dull pain. Does this sound like anything you experianced and if so when will it stop. My Dr said everything is healing fine so far but it just doesn't seem right.

Hi I had a D&C on Feb 27 for a missed miscarraige. My blood pressure was also low but no blood loss during procedure. I am having some severe pains in my stomech when there is gas pressure or during a bowel movement and a constant dull pain all over my stomech all the time. Does this sound like anything you had and if so when will it stop. My Dr says as long as there is bleeding there will be some cramping but this just doesn't seem right. And why such stabbing pains at times?
Thanks.

Since my D&C 3 days ago I have had no bleeding , is this allright?

Hello All,

I am so restless .I had a D&C on 2th Aug the doc said everything went fine.Itz been 8 days now i still see spotiing or light bleeding.I am just so worried why am i still bleeding where as others say bleeding stops in 2 or 3 days after D & C....i did go to my doc two days ago and he said...the ultra sound said there is some blood in the uterus which has to be squessed out ...and he gave me few tabs which i am taking....but i m still worried....any suggestions????

panna

Panna- I had light bleeding for about a week after my D&C- some women I know have bled much longer than that (upwards of 2 weeks). It sounds like your Dr is monitoring you well, and is on top of your treatment. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot you can do but wait it out.

Hello everyone,

I had a D&C on Nov. 17 from a miscarriage at my 8th week and since the 22nd I have had severe pain in my lower abdomen, and I can't breathe when it's happening and I am afraid I have an infection or something but I don't have a fever. I was given vicodin for the pain but that doesn't even stop the pain all the way. It also hurts when I have pressure on my stomach and when standing up straight. Has anyone experienced that??? :(

hi there, i was pregnant there was no baby, on the 21 december i had terrible pain then started to bleed. since then i have had terible pain and the bleeding has not stopped. Doctor said that is normal but i dont think so any suggestions.
Anthea

At my routine scan(12 weeks) I found that the baby has stopped growing after 9 weeks.I just had my D&C operation yesterday. It went well(I had the same procedure done 7 months ago so I knew what to expect) but just before I was about to be discharged I felt very unwell and collapsed. I came round rather quickly but my blood pressure and heart pulse were dangerously low.I felt I was soaking with blood. As soon as I felt strong enough I went to the toilet assisted by the nurses I passed a large blood clot(the size of my fist). Does any one know what that might have been. I am very shocked because I thought that the D&C has emptied my womb.If someone had similar experience please get in touch

hi there i had a missed misscarraige . i didnt have to have a d&c.
i went for my dating scan and they couldn't see are heart beat.
i came home then a few days later the baby came away then stop bleeding. then about a week later i started taking the mini pill and then now i sarted bleed agen and still am now but it look's like pirode blood.. do you think i should go to the doctors?????

and how long do you think i should wait till i try for another baby ??????????

Hi I had a d&c on sat 3/5/11. I do not know what type I had either a suction or scraping. I was given percocet for pain and antibiotics. The first 3days I had bad cramping where it hurt to walk or stand.I also had stabbing like pain in my lower right abdomen. It has been six days after still cramping, which is waking me up at night, using a heating pad for that. During the day am taking 600mg ibuprofen for the cramps. Still bleeding, although not period heavy cramping is what is bothering me, that and the constipation. Dr. Did not need a follow up spot. Wit me which makes me worried. Will wait two wks. If all is the same I will be going in. Didn't imagine cramps would be this bad. Especially at night.I am a little worried.

Hi everyone. I had a D&C on March 25th. I was 10w5d going off my LMP. I saw the baby's heartbeat on March 17th, it was about 174. The doctor did say the baby was only measuring 8w4d or so, even though I was 10w1d about. She assured me everything was fine, but I should go to another doctors office so I could get a second measuring. That Monday after, March 21st, I started bleeding a little. Nothing bad, only when I wiped. But my husband was worried, so we went into the ER. By the time I was seen, there was only some light brown discharge. They did the transvaginal ultrasound and couldn't find the heartbeat. I was devastated. Then I went in the next day to get a second opinion. Then a third. It was confirmed that my baby had died, measuring 8 weeks and some change. I was scheduled for the D&C that Friday. I started bleeding a bit on Wednesday evening, and I half hoped I'd miscarry at home, but I didn't. The doctors were really nice and very understanding. I remember waking up and bursting into tears and telling someone that I wasn't pregnant anymore. A kind nurse held my hand. I don't remember who she was. It's Sunday now and last night I had some incredible pain like I had to go to the bathroom. I hadn't had a bowel movement since right before the procedure Friday mid-morning, I thought that's what was wrong. When I went to the bathroom, nothing came out. Not to be graphic, but I was trying. All of a sudden, I felt a rush of liquid, like I had urinated, but I wasn't trying to. I looked down and it was blood. It didn't appear to be period blood, more like a bleeding from a cut. It slowed down and this morning it had all but stopped, but it scared the hell out of me. After everything that has gone wrong, why can't I just recover from this in peace?! I didn't ask for anything stronger than ibuprofen, I'm not a fan of anything stronger, but sometimes it hurts really bad. Does anyone have any advice?

jsharpe wrote:

Hi
Thanks
jsharpe[/quote what all did the doctor do